Princess Indecisive and her Winter Break Trip Feb 18-23, 2018! TRIP REPORT! Completed!

Thank you! And you’re welcome!

1 Like

Great report!! What a wonderful trip.

2 Likes

Great report and pics!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thank you for reading!!

2 Likes

I really loved your trip report as well!

I’m wondering though…I took my family DH and DTwins almost 5 in January of 2017. We really had a blast and a lot of that is because of this forum and the UG. Even though we had a great time, I couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed when I was there. I studied and planned and planned and planned, but even still, when we actually got there sometimes I felt like I was just wandering. Or maybe it was just walking slowly and keeping track of everyone.

You seemed to get SO MUCH DONE during your time there! It seemed like so much more than we were able to get done in a certain amount of time. Is it because you were by yourself and not with a double stroller? Is it familiarity with the parks?

How can I do better next time? We (the royal we…really I) are planning our next trip for January 2019. Hopefully will still be a slower time after TSL opens and before SWGE opens. DTwins will be almost 7 at that time and we’re not planning on taking or renting a stroller…we shall see.

Such a great trip report! Thanks for taking the time to write it!

3 Likes

Fab report and amazing photos gets me all excited for our first trip in may. …you did get a lot done!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the GF tips on the waffles and zebra domes! Looks like a great trip.

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I found that every place I went was super accommodating!

1 Like

Thanks so much for reading! It was a super fun trip!!

1 Like

Thank you!!

I have to admit, I did make plans for each day, but once I got to the parks, I never even opened them. I learned I’m much more of a spontaneous Disney traveler than a “stick to this schedule” kind of Disney traveler. I’ve been on numerous trips before, so I know the layout and have a good idea of what I want to do. That helps.

But I do suspect that a big part of getting so much done can be chalked up to being solo. If I make a potty stop, it’s only me, so I’m not having to wait on someone. (And being an adult, I can try to time it out so that if one bathroom is crowded, I can go to another - I know that’s not always possible with kids who wait until they have to go right this minute to announce it. When I’m eating a meal, I’m the only one I have to worry about, so it completely goes at my pace. I also am a fast walker, and it is much easier to maneuver when you are one, so that helped. Also, I don’t really do pools or midday breaks, so there wasn’t that going back and forth between my resort and the parks. But I think the biggest thing - and this relates to not following the plans (which I’d pretty much arranged how I wanted them anyway) is I would focus on one area at a time before going to another so I wasn’t going back and forth across the park. I know before I figured out that I could move things around and just hit “evaluate”, I optimized one and it literally had me going Spaceship Earth to Mexico to Mission Space to Canada to Imagination…you get the idea. I still do not see how all that criss-crossing the park could possibly be the best use of time.

One thing to consider as an alternative to going all the way back to your resort for a midday break would be to plan a sit-down lunch where you’re sitting for a while and out of the heat and sun. Also plan to do some of the inside, sit-down things like live shows or other sit-down things like Philharmagic or Muppets in the afternoon. I’ve been known to take a nap during say The American Adventure (in my defense, the last time it was after being up to cheer the Half Marathon and being up to run/walk the Full Marathon, so I was tired) if I’m with my parents (my dad loves it there - at least I’m now thankfully forever spared the Hall of Presidents because we cannot stomach the latest addition). But those sit-down things can be lifesavers if you’re not going back to the resort.

I hope you have a great trip coming up!!

8 Likes

Thank you for all the GF tips and reviews. I just got diagnosed with celiac. In my pre-gf life I was a foodie, always reading thousands of reviews and planning meals months in advance. So, I am super uncomfortable going into this with a “they are gf friendly” mindset. It was nice to find some reviews on specific items at restaurants. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

3 Likes

For real reviews, they are out there.

Glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com

They definitely helped me.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your trip report, I enjoyed following along on chat too.

2 Likes

Thanks for reading!

I did not realize I was doing anything on chat…have they linked MagicBands to that as well??

1 Like

So much goodness in the TR. Loving it all.

Just have to note a few things.

-Most of your trips are for runDisney events
-You’re a fan of Caribbean Beach
-You use the same TA I do. not just company, but person. :open_mouth:

ARE YOU ME? Perhaps you’re my soul (sole? Heh!) mate!

Now I feel like I need to run into you in the world, because WOW.

:heart:

3 Likes

Oh wow! That is crazy!!! *Cue a rousing chorus of “It’s a Small World”!!!

My last RunDisney event was Goofy 2015. About 6 months after that on kind of dare from a friend, I took a trial Taekwondo class which led to a trial month when led to me doing TKD all the time now and only running when they make us run around the mats. LOL.

I have in the back of my head to come down for W&D and walk it, but I have to see the school calendar first.

Jacki is the best!! I know I drove her batty with all my changes - and yet she always did them rapidly and willingly, she booked a cruise for me, and she even let me transfer my DL trip to her!

It would totally be cool to run into each other! :smiley:

:heart:

1 Like

I tend to be present for Dopey every year. And Jacki is amazing, even when you’re trying to make ressies/changes/whatever else from anywhere in the world.

Given that we’re both APs this year, sounds like there’s at least a non-zero chance or running into each other…

or perhaps we should plot a non-random meeting! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’ll keep you posted on my plans! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I look at some of the shows as nap and air conditioning breaks.