Price raises on unavailable APs?

We already pay the same renewal price as everyone else? We lost our discount in the last “upgrade”.

Only “benefit” left is being able to purchase the locals-version, but that’s still the same price as non-dvc renewal.

1 Like

The article doesn’t mention specific renewal increase…

Some DVC groups on social are saying MS is saying renewals will increase also…

“MS”?

But i totally expect renewals to jump. I don’t think there’s been a time when they increase the purchase price but the renewal price gets left alone.

I’m more shocked that wasn’t stated from the jump.

2 Likes

Dangit! I am due to renew mine in December, and I was just thinking I should do it sooner than later in case they increase the price. Too late. . .

Yes, I saw that the renewal price increase was confirmed.

Also, is there a thread regarding the single day ticket increase?

I saw it here:

1 Like

AP renewal is a percentage off of regular price. I assumed DVC renewal worked the same way

1 Like

Maybe I’m missing something, so what exactly are you guys referring to when you say “DVC Renewal”?

Cause again, we don’t get special prices anymore.

1 Like

MS

Member Services

1 Like

How any ideas how they went - we renewed most DVC) at the last second in October - we have one pixie (Fl ) renewal not yet done…

"In other ticketing news, prices of 1-day, 1-park tickets will vary based upon the park being visited. A park must be selected when the ticket purchase is made, and it will be priced accordingly. "

This is new to me. :woman_shrugging:

That’s not the shoe that bothers me…because I think most people don’t do Disney for “1 day” other than to add a day or something.

But the other shoe, the multi-day ticket, I’m waiting for that one to drop. Cause it’s going to follow suit, and that, based on the single day, is gonna be baaaaad. :frowning:

2 Likes

The only way we did Disney for 20+ years.

1 Like

yeah well

and it’s no longer cost effective to do that, and even moreso going forward :frowning: Better off taking the hit and getting a second or third day than eating your $190/day ticket alone.

EDIT: also, really? As locals, I would’ve thought you’d have APs

1 Like

So you think you will have to pick the parks in advance for 1 park a day passes?

We do now - for the last 9 years.

2 Likes

It happens automatically now. The tickets are no longer “‘Disney World’ tickets”, they’re now specific park tickets. So when you buy your 1-park day pass, you have to choose the day(and the park) of the ticket and you get the reservation for that park.

2 Likes

This is what I meant- multi day ticket. I though you were saying you foreshadow ppl having to pick their parks in advance to purchase a multi day, 1 park ticket.

Oh, of that I’m not sure. I think multi-day might be left alone in that regard? But I also am not a Disney Exec who likely just sees people as mindless cashcows waiting to be milked. :laughing:

I would think the general customer will balk at having to lock themselves in so far in advance? But i also remember that I thought that was “how it was done” back in 2016 (before I knew anything about Disney), and was surprised to learn that I could go start at any park I wanted.

The bigger fear for me is the price jump they’re sure to get. And if the mutli-day happens to overlap on one of those super-expensive days, I see that being definitely reflected in the price.

1 Like

…I already renewed a few weeks ago.

1 Like