President’s Week 2022

2022 should not be as bad as 2021. We had the confluence of Presidents’ Week AND Mardi Gras with the added bonus of Valentine’s Day on Sunday. Years when the first two don’t coincide it’s not that bad.

2 Likes

Thanks for some history. I can breathe a little. Also, this is no longer our one in a lifetime vacation. It’s now a we have done this before and are looking forward to it again but also looking forward to resort time vacation.

1 Like

We are going the last week of February, after President’s Day, before Mardi Gras which is 3/1 I think.

@desire499mike, are you still doing the February liners Facebook page?

Yes I am!

1 Like

I imagine the weather to be ideal as well. We also are planning to go down for a week and spend a couple of days at the resort so we will have some flexibility.

Think I’m going to give it about six weeks to see how the early April crowd calendar looks, get the updated Unofficial Guide, and then make the decision on if/when to pull the trigger.

So crowd levels have actually been revised down to 3 to 5 that week, with an average of 4. The week of PRESIDENT’s Day!!! That just doesn’t seem possible.

What the heck should I do. Those numbers are awesome.

They will go back up. You cannot count on those numbers 11 months from now. No one knows what the world will be like in 11 months- during the 50th.

1 Like

I booked about 10 months in advance last time and it was spot on. I guess I’d find it like selling a bag of goods if they don’t put their best estimate up 12-months out. If they don’t expect it to be accurate, they shouldn’t list it then. At the very least, put a higher number so people don’t book trips on misleading information. I literally renewed my subscription now instead of later to have access to the crowd calendar this far out.

I am going to first say that with a great plan crowds don’t mean anything!

Also, the value in TP is the tools and the community that can help you plan a great trip!

That being said, you can search threads for Feb. of different years and see the changes that have been made:

This happens all the time, throughout the year.

1 Like