Prepping for My Solo Trip

My window for park reservations has opened up. I have been unsuccessful in convincing DH to come with me, so it is still looking like a solo trip. And I have never been on a solo trip to a Disney park. I’m feeling weird about it but need to try it out if I want to spend 6-8 weeks in FL by myself, for the most part. My last trip to Disneyland was 2012 and my last trip to WDW was 2019.

I have a 3-day park hopper ticket and I plan on going November 8-10, Monday-Wednesday. Tell me which park I should reserve to start each day.

ETA - Prepping for my solo trip

4 Likes

I felt weird the first time I went to the park alone. I think it gets better over time. Not sure where you should start the day, but some general advice. I tried to do all of the obscure things that my girls don’t always want to do. I rode the Sailing Ship Columbia. I found the Beast’s Library. I rode the Golden Zephyr. I caught every show offered. I did a lot of people watching. I ate a lot of snacks. I rode the Main Street vehicles. I talked to a lot of CM’s - particularly the ones driving the Main St. vehicles. I checked out the Fire House and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. The Main Street Cinema. A complete circuit on the train! You get the idea. Have fun! When are your dates? Mid-November?

6 Likes

yes, to all this… and I too mosey around when I’m alone and do things no one else will do when they are with me. Also chatting w/ CMs is the BEST!

4 Likes

Yay for a trip!

I learned how to go on solo trips (not just Disney) before I met my wife and it can be awkward at times, but it’s fun to be able to choose your own adventure! Certain attractions aren’t as fun (like Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree), but for the most part it just depends on your attitude and personality.

For some reason I only have park reservations for Disneyland right now - I plan to hop to DCA. Maybe I will change that later, but RotR is my #1 priority, always. Lol

6 Likes

I meant to say as well, it helps to have someone on social media “traveling” along with you. You could do a live trip report, or just text / FaceTime with a family member, or blog about it / Instagram, etc.

6 Likes

I totally agree! I’m hoping to slow down the pace since the only person I need to please is ME! People watching, chatting with CMs, going to shows, looking at exhibits, and eating all the snacks I want are musts.

November 8-10

5 Likes

I might do a trip report following your tips.

You are going before me so I hope to take a few pages from your book. Here’s to hoping that the parks will be very close to normal by your trip.

I got to ride ROTR 2x in WDW so I might focus on getting a BG for Avengers first, 2x start in CA Adventure?

3 Likes

Solo trips rock! You can do as much or as little as you want!! And trust me - most people are far too wrapped up in their trips to even pay attention to someone solo.

6 Likes

I don’t have any TS planned. TS has never been a priority at DLR. How would I feel about sitting down to eat by myself?!? The only thing I’m thinking I might want is a nicer salad once a day. I need to “offset” the snacks, if there is such a thing! I’m really not a fan of iceberg salads. :unamused: Also, my 60-day window opens while we are in Grand Teton.

3 Likes

ohhhh… I hope you have cell reception :wink:

1 Like

We are on Verizon but @Pod tells me reception still might be spotty here and there. Also, @93111tink says reservations drop whenever! The unpredictability make it hard to plan around. But she did kindly offer to try to reserve for me if I tell her what I would like.

3 Likes

We had Verizon on our last visit there and could only get reception in Coulter Bay Village and NOT at our cabin :frowning: at Flagg Ranch

2 Likes

Well, from Grand Teton, we will be going to Yellowstone, followed by Glacier. We’ll see how cell reception will be. If I don’t get a TS reservation, I could always go eat in Downtown Disney. I can probably get a TS reservation at Ralph Brennan Jazz Kitchen easily. If not, Black Tap, a QS, has decent salads. Everything is very walkable at DLR.

Without the family, I think I will stress less about reservations, food, and attractions.

3 Likes

I decided against doing any TS reservations for our upcoming trip. In contrast to WDW, I find DLR QS to be better on average than TS for the value.

3 Likes

Good to hear.

By November, AC breaks won’t be as high of a priority to go hand in hand with a TS.

2 Likes

Well, I will be there with a friend November 8 and 9! We were hoping to do a meal at Blue Bayou if you would be interested in joining up with us.

3 Likes

I love the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone! have a great trip there too! Last year we did a round of four parks - Crater Lake, Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Glacier. We really need a re-do for Glacier. It wasn’t completely open and very crowded due to July 4th weekend.

3 Likes

So kind of you to invite me! I’d love to join you. Please let me know what day and time so that I’m in the correct park.

2 Likes

The year we went to Crater Lake on July 4, we went snowshoeing! There was still snow on the ground in many places and they hadn’t opened the paths down to the lake. That will be a redo one year.

I’m thinking we may need a redo for Glacier, too. It will be days 9-10 of our national parks trek by the time we get to Glacier. I’m sure we will be tired. Plus, I don’t have enough nights in Glacier to do it justice.

1 Like

It was snowing on our drive in last year on June 29! So cold.

2 Likes