Premier resort inflation

Have the prices for the premier resorts skyrocketed since 2019??
Or am I too close to the dates I’m looking at for a reasonable price?

I’m just doing a bit of window shopping at UOR resorts. In the past if my trip was in summer I would’ve booked it by November/December.
Do the prices increase significantly as you get closer, or are they all generally much more expensive than they used to be?

I started to look at the Royal Pacific for a night or two at one end of our upcoming Disney trip, but I quickly abandoned that idea when I saw the prices. We stayed there in 2017 and I was shocked at how much higher the room rates were this year. (Admittedly I’m not very savvy about finding Orlando bargain rates.)

1 Like

I feel I might be priced out too. It’s disappointing for sure. I’m seeing prices that are about 30% higher than last time we booked.

1 Like

Have either of you checked out the offers for Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, or Portifino at Magical Vacations Travel? (MVT). August, October, November, December dates. Close to 50% off. I am going in October 5th to the 11th. Have no attachment here other than to tell that I have used them for WDW a number of times and they are on the up and up. They are known and used out here. I will however put a plug in for Darcy. :laughing:

3 Likes

That’s a great discount. Thanks for the info.

I have been looking at the deluxe hotels for our summer trip (likely July), and was shocked how expensive they have become. I think too many people have discovered UOR in the last year as they have become disillusioned by Disney. If they are going to charge $650-750 a night minimum, we will no longer be staying there 4 nights like I had planned. We will stay 1, maybe 2 at the most at those rates. I looked for random days in April as well, and the AP rates are ridiculous as well.

4 Likes

The rates have increased significantly. We are only doing one at the HRH for spring break because of the $700 per night cost.

4 Likes

Look at Priceline. I got lower rates for May there.

3 Likes

I’ll check it out :+1:t2:

1 Like

I booked on hotels.com and didn’t pay much more than we paid in 2019. I’d have to check exactly how much.

1 Like

£877 for two nights at HRH.

2 Likes

It really depends, you will find way higher prices on weekends now but during the week I’m finding low $300s for September.

2 Likes

Not sure how much prices have spiked. But an option going forward is booking far in advance tentative dates. Summer 2023 looks to be around $100 less per night than this summer. You can book direct around 22 months out.

Fall and Winter non holiday weeks still look reasonable.

1 Like

We were able to get a lower rate than the UO website through the TAs here at Touring Plans! We’re going in early May and staying at RP. I’ve also used Undercover Tourist in the past. If you are a Costco member AND are buying tickets, their vacation packages for UO are really good. But if you have APs, they don’t just do hotels, it’s a package w/ tickets included.

2 Likes