Practically perfect (plan) in every way!

I am booked GF/CC December 10-13!

2 Likes

This checks out. Plus, you HAVE been before. But you should still probably ride Hagrids. When in Rome!

1 Like

Hold on.
Next you’re going to tell me that she doesn’t travel around Disney in a blue Police Box

2 Likes

So, today we hit 7 months out. Well, actually yesterday we did, but there was no Boardwalk availability on Dec. 7. So today, I managed to snag 4 nights at a Boardwalk 1 bedroom garden view starting Dec. 8! Wahoo!

Then, we decided to swap out our 3 nights SSR Studio preferred for 4 nights SSR 1 bedroom preferred. Had to borrow more points, but it works out when planning for our next two trips… so very excited…8 night split stay in 1 bedroom preferred rooms will be awesome.

You know what isn’t awesome? The nearly 7 months wait until we go. Sigh.

8 Likes

Were you able to borrow without an issue?

Had to call to do it , but it wasn’t otherwise a problem.

Just to clarify, does this work with the dates you wanted, or did you have to completely change the dates of your trip? In any case, congrats on getting the hard part done!

Thanks, I was wondering if you ran into that resale issue.

Oh, yeah. Dates of the trip are the same. We just had hoped to 5 nights at Boardwalk. We ended up 4 at Boardwalk. So now we have an even split…four nights at SSR and four at Boardwalk. Originally we had 3 nights at SSR in a studio, but we couldn’t get that fourth night in a studio at SSR…so rather than have to do one night in a different room, we decided to just switch entirely to a 1 bedroom.

Ironically, after we made the change, a SSR preferred studio opened for all 4 nights…but since we already borrowed the points, we are leaving it. We have the points for it.

2 Likes

I had to wait til 7 months to book my December dates too. It was nerve-wracking. I will just be in a standard studio.

Interesting note this year, the first full week of December was already booked up for some nights in some categories at SSR before the 7 month mark. I haven’t witnessed that before. Normally it’s the first few nights of December the week after Thanksgiving that are hard to book.

Thanksgiving is some what early this year. Wonder if that plays a part in it. We like to vacay the week before but usually after a major holiday. In general, no matter where you go or what you’re doing, that is the less busy times of the year.

1 Like

That’s my favorite time of year to travel bc I love seeing all the holiday decor everywhere.

1 Like

Yeah. I noticed that. All the studios were booked up…although dates opened up today for SSR preferred studio, so I think some of those SSR folks were waiting for their 7 mm in the mark to book elsewhere.

2 Likes

Oooh that’s a good point.

The CM on the phone made it sound as thought resale contracts will always require (at least as things stand now) a phone call to borrow points. Not sure if that is true. We had borrowed a handful of points before this change already, but that was four months ago. I don’t recall if I had to call or not. I didn’t think I did. But all said, I was only on the phone a total of about 5 minutes (including hold time) in order to get the reservation modified, so it wasn’t a big deal.

The only thing I wish is that the website, instead of just giving me a generic error and try back later, would have said that I needed to call. I thought it was just a case of their system being busy, and I needed to try back. After several times running into this, I just ended up calling.

I only have resale contracts and I have never had to call to borrow points. The only time I have had to call to book something is if I need to buy a few one time use points.

1 Like

So, it is either a recent change, or a recent glitch that the CMs are aware of. Because this certainly didn’t seem the least bit surprising to the lady I was dealing with on the phone!

1 Like

I’m going with IT glitch bc… well… when is it not? :rofl:

2 Likes

I seem to remember someone saying you had to call for a specific situation for resale, not just borrowing itself … maybe it was modifying a reservation that has borrowed points? Or borrowing additional points? I don’t remember.

1 Like

That could be, since that is, in fact, the situation I was under.

2 Likes