PPO Akershus - WWYD?

We have a PPO reservation for Akershus that I am debating canceling. Opinions wanted, please!

Pros:

• See a few princesses in one sitting (namely Snow White and Jasmine)
  • See EPCOT with few crowds
  • Jump on Frozen or meet A&E with lower lines
  • Food options will be a bit different from the rest of the week (although I don’t have high expectations)

Cons:

• We have MVMCP the night before, so I worry we will be worn out
  • Can see SW and Jasmine elsewhere without major lines
  • We are also seeing Ariel and Rapunzel at Trattoria al Forno a few days before, which are the main two princesses we want to see
  • Does EPCOT even look that great PPO with all the closures and construction going on?

What would you do? Any other pros or cons on your list?

I was talked out of it by liners a few weeks ago mostly because I was paying out of pocket and while we do enjoy the meal, it wasn’t the best use of my money bc it doesn’t really give us a jump start to anything the way a PPO at BOG might, etc.

If you can see the princesses elsewhere I’d cancel. Though I’d still rope drop Epcot because I rope drop everyday no matter what.

1 Like

Who is in your party? I wouldn’t attempt it after a party if you have little kids. And if you’re already seeing your favourite princesses elsewhere, I might not bother at all.

1 Like

Two toddlers and two seniors. They may leave the party early without my husband and I, but either way, it will still be a later bedtime. I was willing to risk it before we got the TaF reservation, but now that we have it (thanks Reservation Finder!), I’m thinking it will be too much.

2 Likes

How sure are you that Jasmine will be there? I don’t know if the breakfast rotation is different but Jasmine isn’t typically in the dinner rotation.

2 Likes

Not sure at all! I read some reviews where she was there but it sounds like they mix it up a lot, so no guarantee.

1 Like

I’ve not had Jasmine on either of our visits. Both times was Snow White, Aurora, Ariel. Plus Belle outside.

1 Like

Good to know. We will see Belle at Enchanted Tales, and I suppose we can visit Snow White and Jasmine in WS instead (maybe even at MVMCP?), so I don’t think we would miss out on too much!

I think I would skip it.

2 Likes

Me too. I vote skip.

2 Likes

Thanks all! Decided to cancel with no regrets :+1:t2:

3 Likes

A little update on this: since Disney+ launched, our 3 year old has become obsessed with Sleeping Beauty (literally asks to watch multiple times a day) and lost interest in Rapunzel :woman_facepalming:t2:

So, now I’m off to find where to meet Aurora outside of dining (although I’m starting to think her main interest in the movie is actually Maleficent, or, as she calls her, “Fa-liciment”).

I still think cancelling was the right choice, but Disney planning certainly keeps me on my toes. Toddlers are fun!!

2 Likes

My DD loves Maleficent too!

1 Like

You won the internets today

1 Like

Thank you, thank you. Toddlers know how to be darn cute to offset their ongoing crazy behavior :joy: