Post-Trip Report - Crowds are Back

True. And places to sit, especially in TSL.

2 Likes

AK and Epcot are still great when crowded. So much to do other than rides.

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦ It was fall break for a lot of schools / Columbus Day weekend. I was leary of all those CL1/CL2 being predicted. Glad it was still fun for your family!

Iā€™m very interested to see how G+ / LL are going to help with these issues - especially DHS.

I agree. Maybe my experience wasnā€™t as extreme as yours seems to have been though. My experience was too packed / loud and the buffet was a mess / just ā€œmehā€. My character meeting was great though!

I love character meals and do them often, but I skip this one. Iā€™d rather have the Early Morning Magic rides / characters / buffet back!!

Thanks for the report!!

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, the trip was still great.

Chef Mickey is operating on a family style basis, so they come and drop off plates of cold corn dogs and tater tots at your table. We even had bad character interactions, where Mickey and Minnie wouldnā€™t even stop to pose at a distance behind our kids. It was very disappointing.

We have had great experiences in 2020 and 2021 at both Garden Grill and Topolinoā€™s, and I actually prefer not being interrupted at the table for autographs at this point.

1 Like

Agree with everything. I was there 10/14-10/17. It was very hot and extremely crowded. Boo Bash was a good decision. Chefs, Topolinos, and Tiffins usually donā€™t disappoint.

1 Like

We were there Thursday the 14th - Sunday the 17th and Iā€™ll echo the crowds. We managed ok though. We got a low BG for Ratatouille, and got there once our group got called and then went to the Creperie. We did Rise last thing Sunday night. It went down while we were in line. The good thing is a CM walked by. I asked if he had any ā€˜intelligence to shareā€™. He said that they shut down the entry to the line but everyone already In The queue would ride that night, and that they did expect it to come back up. Really cool to ride at night. Slight b-mode action and not smooth transitions between areas, but we made it back to Batuu.

We would have LLā€™d Flight of Passage as we got a late start. Weā€™ve ridden it a bunch, so maybe we just saved $. Safari was great with cooler weather.

At least for us, Covid cases being down made the trip OK. My younger daughter isnā€™t eligible for the vaccine. Cases in Jacksonville are down by 90% from the worst pet of this summer.

2 Likes

Great trip report! I am a little concerned that you experienced crowded conditions, yet those dates were only predicted and later confirmed to be around 3/10. If thatā€™s the case, then what will my upcoming trip during Presidentā€™s week (9/10) feel like? Yikes!

1 Like