Post must eat food items from Disney World parks please! (And where to get them!)

Unrelated to Disney…have you tried the new Carrot Cake Oreo? I was skeptical, since I love carrot cake (good carrot cake…not that wimpy spice cake masquerading around as carrot cake). We tried them a couple days ago and was amazed at how good they were…particularly given they are Oreos! Heads up!

1 Like

The Lemon Blueberry Tart at Woody’s Lunch Box at Toy Story Land at HS

Dole Whip at MK

1 Like

I have not–I didn’t even know that was a thing. I would have been skeptical too. I may have to search for those.

Lime soft serve from Storybook Treats (I think? Friar’s Nook?) It’s across from SDMT.

I know people love Dole Whip, and I do to, but this lime option is truly delicious.

Chicken pot pie from Columbia Harbor House in MK.

Pulled pork on fries from Flame Tree BBQ in DAK.

1 Like

Hmmm… this calls for categories.

Breakfast

• croque madame @ BoG
  • Tusker House breakfast, if you want some selections that are not your typical American scrambled egg/sausage/bacon/waffle/pastry breakfast… they have typical foods too, and it’s a buffet so best of both worlds, really

Lunch/dinner QS

• margherita flatbread @ Pinpcchio Village Haus
  • croque monsieur @ Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles

Lunch/dinner TS

• Mom’s old fashioned pot roast @ 50’s Prime Time
  • pork belly ramen @ Yak & Yeti
  • shrimp & grits @ Coral Reef

Snacks seem to be well-covered, and I like dessert way too much to choose even 5 or 6. Just try to save room/money for dessert whenever possible!

2 Likes

Canadians have figured out how bad they are for you and Americans have discovered how amazingly tasty they are?

2 Likes

Good call! They are amazingly tasty, aren’t they? When you are on vacation, who cares how bad they are?

I wonder why they were in Canada to begin with, since they were created in NYC. I went with my friends and waited like 2.5 hours in line in 50 degree drizzle when they first came out and I ended up not even liking it.

1 Like

Are you sure it was a Cronut? Maybe you had the schoolbread or something else and it was a mistake. I mean, a horrible, HORRIBLE, mistake?

2 Likes

No, I mean I waited at the bakery in NYC… I lived there at the time. I just didn’t care for it… I’d rather have a plain glazed yeast donut! Shrug emoji.

1 Like

OK. I’ve never had them from NYC, so I can forgive you for that. :slight_smile:

All I know is that everything is better at Disney, and the Cronut is the most amazing food item I’ve had there.

1 Like

It helps to know someone at the embassy.

1 Like

My favorite bakery in the world. Never had a cronut from them though.

1 Like