Post-Irma News and Updates

I had a Thursday check-in for FW and got an email this afternoon (Tues Sept 12th) stating “FW Resort and Campground is closed until further notice as we recover from Hurricane Irma.” I was able to cancel my Thursday arrival without penalty. Email stated “customary cancellation fees will be waived.” It didn’t show that when i went to cancel online, so I went ahead and called. I’m sure if I’d cancelled and called in a week they’d have refunded but I got through quickly so it’s all done. Also note they were only taking calls at 407-W-DISNEY for check-in through Sept 18th at this time, trying to reduce call volume. Glad many are safe and the toll on the park was not substantial. Safe travels to all. Cmon November (and January!)

1 Like

Staying at CBR, I hope! First week of October. I appreciate all the updates y’all have provided. If anyone is at CBR and near by Trinidad North, I would be thankful to get an update of how it fared through Irma. Thanks!!!

I think you’ll be fine

Disney has been working hard to repair any damage. The resorts are slowly cleaning up.

I was at magic kingdom today. Onky in the lesser areas did you see any debris and I spotted that on the path from fantasyland railroad station to tommorowland nothing major.

I did see one tree down over near where Merida meets but it did not interfer with safety.

The train was not running today. And the Jungle Cruise is closed. That will take some time to repair. A coup!e of weeks perhaps.

Asides from that i did not notice anything else.

Disney is up and running. There is no problem with and trips at this point.

1 Like

I did not notice any major damage in Epcot or HS today. They truly did a good job cleaning up. Driving between the resorts and parks there are numerous trees down

1 Like

Yes I agree I saw more in between parks and resorts. I am guessing the order of operations for clean up.

Safety in all areas first
Parks and resort walkways
Parks and Disney Springs
Resorts, probably deluxe down, but again safety and structual first
Resorts
Then roadways etc

Again this is MY opinion.

1 Like

Wow, so sorry to hear that FW is closed. Glad to hear there was no penalty. If I remember correctly there are a lot of big pine trees around the resort and campground. Pine trees did not do well thru Irma.