Possible - now active - trip report

The front is also the only place you can see the “projections” on the mist above the star gate too.

They’re not major, but they form various shapes. Like a heart, Agrabahian tower, and other stuff.

Harmonious is just a really bad setup. The more I think about it, the more I’ve come to loathe it. There shouldn’t only be 2 “viable” viewing spots. (If I remember right, even the announcement over the loud speaker that “you can see anywhere along the lagoon” is gone, they know it’s no longer good viewing from anywhere. )

5 Likes

Good to know this. I haven’t seen the thing at all myself yet.

1 Like

It really is shockingly big and ugly during the day. My understanding is some of the construction is to make Epcot more green and nature focused. The barges are not that. It weirdly reminded me of the AK water show on steroids.

I’m curious if others with kids enjoyed it? Maybe the point is that at 10pm at Epcot Disney doesn’t think kids will be around? Part of the issue is my DD9 is not an IP kid meaning she likes Pixar and Mickey but doesn’t watch Disney movies yet so the shows don’t mean much to her.

Anyways ending the night with tears soured me too on it.

2 Likes

I made the same comparison, but I actually liked rivers of light. And I did harmonious at first, but it’s just after a while of thinking and planning I realize I am not interested in sacrificing anything to see it like I was for other shows.

The problem is…there’s not much to sacrifice to see it?

2 Likes

Same!

2 Likes

While we’re complaining: why aren’t the ”street lamps” around the lagoon turned off? The “prime” spots even continue to have lamps lit.

All they do is screw up photos! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Ditto on both. We really liked ROL too last time. They had the large torches lit and some lights down. I wonder if guardians of the galaxy will end up being the show people go to during the fireworks?

This is good. I could see us trying again but with more purpose.

We never are folks who sit and wait for fireworks so it’s also on us that we didn’t set ourselves up for success. But it speaks to some issues, right? At Mk we saw the fireworks and projections from a few places - BTMR, by Tom Sawyers launch, and the back of the castle - and they were all super fun.

I found harmonious to not have the same ability to enjoy from anywhere. And that’s a shame.

3 Likes

It is unfortunate because the lagoon is large and should have plenty of viewing places but you have to be at the right angel to see the projections.
I just really liked the music and overall feel. I thought it was much better than Enchantment.

4 Likes

This is one of the things that really has me frustrated with Disney. I feel everything now is a comparison to some other also shitty option that makes it seem better than it is. Everything is a trade off and a decision and just overall makes the experience less enjoyable. The whole less for more thing has really left me jaded.

3 Likes

I hate to make the comparison but both Harmonious and Enchantment were new to me and I just wasn’t that impressed with Enchantment. Maybe it will grow on me.

2 Likes

Like a fungus. :grin:

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Some final thoughts from my trip last week.

We really enjoyed Magic Kingdom and Hollywood studios and were able to do a lot of rides plus midday breaks without too much problem. We did miss some of the shows but my daughter prioritizes rides. We struggled with Epcot - see my rant above. I do listen to the Disney dish with Jim Hill and interestingly last week they talked about smoke from the fire works and the limited views so I felt pretty vindicated.

I think if I had a do over we would’ve gone to animal Kingdom for half a day and then spent the rest of the time at the resort. I think also adding just one day at the resort would’ve been really nice but on the other hand I was solo with my daughter this trip and that got really old after a while.

I did not enjoy our food as much this time. Because we were trying to avoid eating indoors we really did have limited options and so the food was pretty generic from place to place. But we really did like docking bay 7 and ronto rosters. We did save a lot of money by not having tableservice so that’s good.

Genie + was tolerable and workable but that did not make it a good thing. I am admittedly a friend of the monster - see the fast pass documentary and really enjoyed modifying the last time we went. I honestly didn’t think The mechanism was all that different. I was able to refresh for only a few minutes and find times that worked for us or ones that previously were sold out. I think that’s my biggest piece of advice for people - yes you can absolutely rely on the drops (we didn’t) but you don’t even have to do that. Just refresh for a few minutes you will find some thing. There is no way that I believe that people are generally happy with the service. From what I could tell is most people did not know how to use it. I also really disliked the whole 7 AM pressure. I think to me that is the biggest downside - you’ve made vacation competitive, unpleasant and out of your control. That’s not good.

I’ve weirdly come back from the Disney with a really big urge to go to Universal. There’s no way DD9 is ready for that. She has not watched/read Harry Potter and she will not do inversions. So now I’m thinking about a possible solo trip but I think she might get really mad at me. I think if I can find a quick and cheap trip I may really consider it. See how the other half lives!

Thanks again to everyone here who shared their knowledge of the parks and of genie! I’m gonna keep trying to pay it forward.

12 Likes

11 Likes

Awww! What a pretty girl! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes