Portable chargers

Looking for recommendations for a portable charger?

We are a family of three.
My son has the rav 6700mAh.

Would like to carry additional chargers. Wondering if I should purchase single or dual ports chargers.

So many options - ports and mAh

Just want to be able to keep all 3 phones charged for a full day in the parks.

My husband and I each carry Anker portable chargers. Mine is a 10k one, not sure about his. I get 2.5 to 3 charges from it. He also has a much larger portable charger but we don’t carry it with us - it’s for charging the cell phones at home if we lose power.

Is each person carrying a bag? Could you get by with each person carrying their own charger in their pocket (a lipstick sized recharger)?

I don’t / won’t carry a battery for someone else and I’m fine with single port but my kids are still little and don’t have phones. My husband carries his own charger in his pocket. I think last year he forgot it one day and I spotted him a charge from my battery.

1 Like

I bought two of these for my wife and I last Sept trip. They hold a lot of charge and did fast charging.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0194WDVHI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 Likes

This is what I have. Very useful. Also, my dad thought I was a magician when I whipped it out of my purse to charge his dead phone. You kids with your technology. LOL - I’m 46.

3 Likes

I’ll give the Anker chargers another vote. I have had a bunch of cheaper ones that broke fairly quickly or didn’t have the advertised charge

You’ll want to consider how you plan to charge. Will the phones be in pockets or bags? If pockets you will want to go with a more compact charger for each phone.

Don’t forget to have a multiport wall charger to recharge the phones and portable chargers at night.

I just bought 2 of these for my kids:

Anker PowerCore 5000 Portable Charger, Ultra-Compact 5000mAh External Battery with Fast-Charging Technology, Power Bank for iPhone, Ipad, Samsung Galaxy and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CU1EC6Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ujp8DbKDM7B1P

I can’t recommend a specific charger because DH makes all of our tech decisions but I’d recommend taking a long cord with you. I saw several people using phones with the cord going into their backpack. I tried that the next day and loved it. No need to wait until lunchtime to charge. Just plug in while waiting in line and you’re good to go.

1 Like

I recommend one of these.

The first is for the one most concerned about the environment:

Or, if you want your charger to double as a snack:

I bought this RavPower charger for our Disney trip 2 years ago. It’s larger, but has 3 ports for charging. On our latest Disney trip, my wife and I used it throughout the day in the park, and only had to recharge the charger every other day. Probably gives you at least 6 to 8 charges.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G1XH46M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this one It has the cords built in and has enough juice to charge multiple devices.

Another vote for an Anker 10K to 13K. The size and amount of charges is perfect for us. I also have a lager Ravpower and that is great but a little big and heavy

We have an Anker 20100 we use for traveling and it has plenty of charge for all 3 of us. It’s a little bigger, but we usually have a backpack it can go in. Also handy in a power outage.

We have an iWalk one I got on amazon that also has the built in cables. We love our Anker ones as well, but I have forgotten to grab a cable at times, so these are nice.

1 Like

We used this last night at MVMCP to recharge 2 iPhones at the same time. 15%-90% in about an hour. Fast! I kept the charger, phones, and charging cords in a quart ziplock bag in my backpack.

1 Like

PSA: Be aware of TSA rules on flying with chargers. A friend had to dispose of an expensive charger that was too big.

Ankers are consistently very reliable. Anything lipstick-sized is really only suitable for light usage (texting and calls, YMMV depending on how heavy your apps are). I do a lot of mobile gaming and that requires something more substantial.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the helpful recommendations. Placed an order yesterday.

Thanks again!!!