Port Orleans Riverside, I don't know what to request, Help Please

We are family of 12 with 6 kids. 2 are five, 3 are ten, and 1 is 15. I have some early morning TPs planned, we have the dining plan, and the kids love to swim. My concern is getting all 12 of us on the 1st bus in the morning to the parks. I don’t want to Uber it unless I have to. I had 1st booked the preferred rooms but then when I added the free dining I was downgraded (?) to RIverview. We need Alligator Bayou for rooms for 5. Which rooms or at least buildings should I request. Thanks! (Going in July)

Have you looked at this website? www.portorleans.org

Yes, I checked it out and just wanting to hear other people’s experiences with similar concerns. Plus sometimes the dates on the pages at the Port Orleans web site seem out of date.

It is the best resource I know. I stayed there once again in February but in all of my stays I have never stayed in Alligator Bayou. I love that resort.

1 Like

Thanks, I have stayed several times but last time it was called Dixie Landings and I didn’t have to pay for parking.

2 Likes

I would call WDW or your travel agent (however you booked your reservation) to find out how you were “downgraded” to a River View. I am not sure that is considered a true downgrade. If you need a room that sleeps 5 people, you need to reserve a Standard or Garden view—5th Sleeper. That is the exact category and it will guarantee you a room in the Alligator Bayou section that sleeps 5. This is a change since Jan. 1, 2019. I also recommend the portorleans.org link. It is up-to-date and invaluable to planning our POR stay in May.

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t really think it of a downgrade but when I rebooked my reservationsto get free dining the preferred wasn’t available so it looked like riverside had the most desirable locations. I will call Disney back and talk to them.

Yeah, on second look, POR Preferred rooms are the highest priced of non-Royal Court accommodations. Sounds like you definitely need rooms for 5 so stress that when you call.

We stayed in building 37. It was a refurbished room with a Murphy bed. The room was really nice and it was close to the north bus stop but it was so far from the food court.

Thanks a bunch, I just spent an hour with DIsney switching to Garden view guaranteed bed for 5th child and saved close to $900 on my 3 rooms. I think I am going to request building 39 if it has been refurbished. Halfway between North and West bus depot and 6 minutes from the lobby.

1 Like

According to portorleans.org, it looks like 39 refurbishment has been completed with all the 30s. Congrats on the savings and reserving the 5th sleepers.

1 Like

I just looked again since I used this site again for the first time in a few years before my February trip. It has posted the April recreation calendar and they are tracking the building refurbishments (it was stopped for about three months now noted that it has begun with building 24). It is being kept up to date.

2 Likes

We’ve stayed several times and I really liked building 34. It’s incredibly close to the west depot which is the first pick up and drop off.

1 Like