POR or Caribbean (5th sleeper rooms)

Hello!

Trying to decide between POR and Caribbean (we are traveling with a family of 5 so we have to stay somewhere with a 5th sleeper - I know AoA and one of the Allstar are also options however you need a family suite which is much more expensive).

I’ve been to POR before and really liked it (without kids). Kids will be 11,10,9,8,7. I worry Caribbean is too big but the skyliner would probably be a perk (although I don’t want to get stuck on it if it breaks down). Although for the non skyliner parks I’ve heard the buses aren’t great due to all the stops around the resort .

What’s your choice between the two and why?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Have not stayed at POR.

Have stayed at CBR twice in Jamaica in a room with the pull down bed. Jamaica is close to the bus - handy. We tend to travel at uncongested times. Also didn’t use the resort dining options. Last CBR stay was before the Skyliner was operating. The pull down bed is large enough for a petite adult. Didn’t hear any complaints. :blush:

1 Like

All Stars have family suites now too and they are much more affordable than AoA

Hey! Thanks! That is actually what I meant by “Pop”… My bad! I edited my post to correct :blush: The family suite there is actually significantly more then the moderate 5th sleeper rooms…more then we would like to spend :blush: We are coming from Canada so the exchange doesn’t help with the budget lol

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! Glad to hear the pull down bed is big enough…the 7 year old should be just fine on it!

1 Like

Oh, absolutely.

Stuff placed on top of the pull bed unit can fall behind. We didn’t lose anything tho we discovered some interesting items - not valuable. I did get a kick out of the pacifier. Really hoping that family had more than one! :blush:

1 Like

ah, I thought ASSuites were less expensive than AoA. I’ve stayed in Riverside w/ trundle bed before w/ my family and that worked out nicely.

1 Like

They are but they are still much more expensive then getting a 5th sleeper room :blush:

1 Like

ASMu has had them for a very long time. It’s where my family first stayed in 2010. They are FANTASTIC. It’s the only one of the All Star resorts that has suites, by the way.

But OP did say they wanted to avoid the suites.

1 Like

I’ve stayed at both and probably as an adult I prefer POR slightly but I think I would do CBR in this case. Skyliner access and the pool (including the pool bar) really increase the value proposition.

1 Like

FYI from my understanding, if you have 5 in a room you will automatically be assigned a 5 person room vs less people have to book the 5th sleeper category. Its about $20/night extra for “5th sleeper” at CBR

So will you need 3 rooms or 2? Are the 5 kids split between 2 families? If not and you need 2 rooms just for your family AoA or a ASMu fanily suite will definitely be cheaper.

Sorry! I should have been more clear. I have a family of four (2 adults and two kids) and we are travelling with a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). We will need two rooms - one for each family :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have stayed at both Riverside and Caribbean Beach in the rooms with the 3rd bed and I prefer the Caribbean beach resort by far. We were in building 45 and it was very convenient to the skyliner, a bus stop, and the main lobby. Bonus perk, you can see Spaceship Earth from the CBR pool bar.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry given the age of your kids

1 Like

Both sound great, although I never stayed at POR. I would go with CBR, since it’s the place you have never stayed before.

2 Likes

Thank you! We did book POR when bookings opened this week…but this post certainly has me considering the change!

I know…I am considering making the switch now lol.

That short, pleasant walk to the Skyliner early morning is priceless.

2 Likes

yeah, we were pleasantly surprised because all we had heard prior to staying there was how big it was and we ended up a 5 minute walk from everything

2 Likes