Pool Closures at AoA

I leave in 8 days and just found out of the 3 pools will be closed for our whole stay (I think 3 days for each pool) I am a little miffed about this. I found out from my FB group because some of the other people staying there received an email about it. Part of the reason I chose to spend more at AoA over ASM family suites or two joined rooms at a value was for the zero entry pool. Not to mention this will probably make the other pools really crowded… especially when the big blue one is closed.

1 Like

Following. We’re there in 17 days, so I want to know as well.

I just got off the phone with Disney. The official word is:
-Big Blue pool (the main one) is closed the 17th 18th and 19th.
-Flippin Fins pool closed the 20th and 21st.
-Cozy Cone closed 24th through 26th.

Hopefully the Big Blue or Cozy Cone is open during your trip!

Big Blue is closed 3 of our days the 19th was a pool day :frowning: Guess we will have to carry our daughter around in the cozy cone. The reason I wanted zero entry is so she could actually stand in the pool.

Ugh. I know that’s disappointing @melany502.
They are giving Poly guests a pass to one of the water parks while their pool is closed. Perhaps they would do something similar for your family that day?

1 Like

When we were there, one pool or another seemed to be closed ALL THE TIME for “code brown”. It’s not a really long walk from pool to pool, and the pools didn’t seem especially crowded, even during “code brown” events. Both the Cars and LM pools have gently graduated steps that my kids enjoyed playing on MUCH more than the (very loud - due to music and entertainment more than the people) Big Blue pool.
(Also, the “zero entry” is a bit of a bottleneck into big blue, whereas there are two wide sets of stairs into the large Cars pool, and I think two sets into LM, too.)
So, it’ll be awesome. Slightly more annoying than expected, but awesome. Fear not.

1 Like

(And my kids were 2 and 4 sitting/playing on the stairs.)

Cozy Cone Pool fun. The yellow life jackets are the Disney supplied ones, there are lots of them.

1 Like

That makes me feel much better. Thanks :slight_smile:

Also… Don’t miss the nemo splash area… Ds4 didn’t even want to go in the pool after playing on the splash pad!!! Good luck and don’t worry… You will still love love love AoA!

1 Like

All this is helpful to know @mossmaci, thank you!

1 Like