Polynesian room question

I was requesting Rm 3610 at Polynesian when I have booked a standard room. It says that is a Garden View but I read this room should be in my category. Are those the same things? I thought Polynesian (non club level) only have Standard, Lagoon, and Theme.

Apparently they name the room categories a bit differently at the Polynesian. According to the WDW site, their Standard View category includes rooms with views of either Garden, Pool, Marina, Monorail, or Parking Lot. Room 3610 is a Standard View for rate, with a garden view. Lagoon View and Theme Park View are different room rate categories, and are the only ones listed as having views of Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom (of non-club level).

At some of the other resort hotels, a standard view has a view of the parking lot, and is a different price from a garden view. So many ways to confuse us!

1 Like

Standard and garden are the same thing at the poly. Standard encompasses parking lot , pool and garden views at the poly. The only way U would be paying more is if u booked specifically lagoon, or theme park view or club level, unless it’s a DVC studio, then it changes too.

We just got back from a week @ the Polynesian and requested that exact room. No luck for us. They had assigned us to a random king room when we needed two queens. Strange. At an rate, after some discussion at the check in desk we got room 3809 and were quite happy. It faced the new;y completed quiet pool and had an obstructed view of the MK fireworks. Nice and quiet and close to transport. We were very happy with it and didn’t miss the Lave pool view.

-Brett.

1 Like

May I ask which longhouse it was, please? We’re going soon and hoping for a decent view of the lagoon. Thanks.

Oops, I should have mentioned that. It was Rarotonga.
http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/rarotonga

I sent a pic to Touring Plans to be included in the hotel photos, but in case it helps… here’s the view from that room.

-Brett.

1 Like

How was it?

We didn’t get the exact room we requested but it was a few rooms over. The room was perfect and had a great view of the quieter pool.