Poly fireworks

My daughter’s boyfriend wants to surprise her by showing up during our family vacation and proposing to her. Super excited for them but he has never been to Disney so I’m working with him on some ideas on how to surprise her and the best place to propose. Would appreciate thought about having him surprise her on poly beach and proposing before fireworks. We are not staying at poly. We will be in AK that day so we would drive from AK to poly for dinner or drinks. We haven’t gone to poly to watch fireworks either so any advice would be appreciated!

5 Likes

He would need a ressie ar Poly to park there, or will park at TTC (and pay) and monorail or walk over.

I would encourage you to consider the little knoll that’s off to the right of the beach a little. It will be less crowded there and you all could be watching and he could approach from behind you after the show starts.

4 Likes

I have chills thinking about this. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

How exciting! The Poly beach can get very crowded so I would also have some kind of contingency in place.

2 Likes

The little rise/knoll I’m speaking of is in the red square in this image:

1 Like

What do think about the boat dock? Would that be crowded? Prior to the fireworks? Seems like a lovely spot to propose…if it isn’t crowded. (He could actually be waiting at the end of the dock for the surprise as they walk out.)

The ferries are still running. I’m not sure how that would work out.

A number of years ago :wink: we watched the fireworks and boat parade several nights in a row from the blue circle.

At that time we had the area to ourselves. Which we scoped out as the boat dock had gotten over popular.

1 Like

Yeah. I guess not such a good idea then. Too bad. It all played out perfectly in my head. (But there were no people in my head, soo…)

1 Like

Great idea at sunrise!!

I wonder if this closed off for construction. If not it would be nice And private I would think.

2 Likes

It was quiet.

There’s quite a bit of area before the old Aloha show venue.

Is the former Aloha venue where the construction is?

1 Like

Yes. That’s exactly where that is.

1 Like

Thanks for all the great ideas! This group is awesome!!

1 Like

the beach behind towards and behind the bungalows is notably quieter

There might be a slight challenge to convince the unknowing participant to go there as the view is limited, but otherwise this is a solid idea :star_struck:

1 Like

We are here right now (staying at Poly) and i can tell you for sure the beach is VERY crowded at fireworks. People start scoping out spots before 7 pm and there are no real private spaces.
I cannot speak to other areas of the Resort, sorry!

2 Likes