Poll: What do you think of the new Cinderella's Castle paint colors?

Well thanks for that Ryan.

Sad :trumpet:

3 Likes

I like the pink, gold and gray, but havent seen it in person yet. To me the offensive part is the blue. Its SO bright which doesnt seem to mesh well with the other more subdued colors. I think the shade of pink itself would also look better without that harsh blue/purple. I love the artist rendering and hope it looks like that in a couple years after it fades.

5 Likes

If it was more muted like the concept drawing, Iā€™d be in the Meh camp. As it is, I think the colors are too jarring and it doesnā€™t look like a real castle anymore. I say put it back the way it was and get off my lawn.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve not seen it in person, but based on photos, on the whole I think it now looks garish vice classic. I can deal with the light pink and gold, and the vari-colored bricks on the outer wall are pretty cool, but that violent purple-blue of the roofs is just plain offensive. I doubt Iā€™ll see it in person in the next 18-24 months, so hopefully it will ā€œfade in the FL sunā€ by then.

Itā€™s far from being ā€œBirthday Cake Badā€, but I liked it better the way it was.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve given this subject more thought, and studied the photos - thanks for those.

I like the purple/blue (whatever). Itā€™s a Magic Kingdom. The over the top gold, purple really make me think we could expect some excitement. Stand by for magical happenings. Fun is just around the corner.

2 Likes

I like it.
The colours make it look like a fairytale castle for princesses rather than a practical stronghold designed for siege warfare like an historical castle.

2 Likes

I have not seen it in person but from what I see I hate it. Looks like a cartoon. If you climbed the beanstack what would you expect to see. Definitely not this blue and purple roof and pink brick. Sorry it just looks terrible to me

2 Likes

Is this it finished?? If so, Iā€™m not impressed.I like the blue turrets and I like the gold.
I donā€™t like half the walls being pink and half the walls being grey. It looks like theyā€™ve started going one way or the other then stopped. Basically it looks like a covid casualty :confused:

2 Likes

Iā€™m with Scaffy. I actually like the rich blue and the gold. Itā€™s the pink that jarrs with me. Itā€™s incongruous. I liked it much better when it was light blue.

3 Likes

I donā€™t want to agree with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building at any cost so I agree with @Shmebulock :slight_smile: I donā€™t love the look at all, but its the pink that ruins it ā€“ the other colors would work ok for me without the pink

3 Likes

I thought it was outer walls and inner walls? Theyā€™re differently textured but as Iā€™m not an Imagineer, I couldnā€™t say for sure.

1 Like

Is it just me or does the pink color in the castle look better with the repainted roof tiles and additional ribbon flourishes? I think the roof paint supposedly matches itā€™s original color from last year, but it has since faded. Still, it looks bluer to me.

Havenā€™t seen it in person yet obviously but when they released the information about the other decor that was coming for the 50th, I did think that perhaps the colors would look better once those additions were placed. Still not overly a fan of the color scheme but I do think it looks a bit less obnoxious with the added ribbons or whatever they are

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly the way I feel. I do not dislike the blue-violet color and the gray looks like a castle. But the other is like the color of Tower of Terror; something I imagine Iā€™d see in Southern Cali or Arizona style.

3 Likes

The undercoat pink still bothers me.
I like the blue and grey and the drape decorations are nice.

3 Likes

It looks what a lego-maniac would build with their own legos, i.e. not a kit. So, they are stuck with close-enough in the color choices, and those colors being toy colors.

There was a decorating show I used to like. She gave good advice on paint colors. Pick the color you want, and then go one darker and one grayer. Once you put it on the wall, it will look like the one you wanted. The castle would have been better if theyā€™d done that.

I find it interesting that a large majority donā€™t like it.

2 Likes

From the Touring Plans Instagram story, Cinderellaā€™s castle continues to grow on me. Iā€™d go so far as to say I love it now. While Iā€™d tone down the rose gold color in the daylight if I had my way, in the evening it looks incredible. And Iā€™m going to say it - I like it better than the old, gray brutalist version. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Everyone kept telling me I would like it better in personā€¦ I didnā€™t.

This poorly thought out paint job makes the castle look like it is part of a cheap, cheesy, Saturday morning cartoon from the 1970ā€™s.

I miss the regalness of the classic blue & gray castle.

ā€¦ and agree with previous comments that it looks half finished. FWIW, I donā€™t like houses that mix different kinds of outside finishes. Like stone and aluminum siding, etc.

3 Likes

Iā€™m finding lots of things look better in the dark these days :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I hated it before they added the gold ribbons, now I like it.

3 Likes