Poll Time! Have you had Covid? January 2022 Edition

I ended up positive today but everyone has experienced mild symptoms for two days or less. The vaccines and booster are working in our house. Now, we will go to Great Wolf Lodge and the trampoline park while we are in the ‘honeymoon’ phase of natural immunity. We had delayed WDW six times and ended up having a blast but getting COVID. This variant is much more mild compared to Delta so it was the perfect time.

2 Likes

In case anyone is wondering, with over 150 voters, so far only 7% say that no one close to them has tested positive for Covid, while over 25% of us have personally tested positive. While that sounds low, since experts have said that tests only catch about 1/4th of cases, a very large proportion of the country has probably had Covid at least once (many have been re-infected so hard to say exactly).

The most surprising result to me is that only 1% have never been vaccinated or infected, and only a total of 4% have not gotten even one shot. Clearly our demographics are different from average, but that’s still an encouraging number.

7 Likes

I’ve had the pleasure of getting the Vid twice. March of 2020 when it was just becoming a thing. Felt like I was hungover, but no respiratory issues or fever. Wife had a low-grade fever. Lasted a week. Kids bounced back in two-days. Got my two shots and then got the Vid again in December. Felt like the crud but was over and done with in a couple days as far as symptoms.

Interesting tidbit. Lost my smell in March of 2020. Got a lot of it back shortly thereafter, but all of a sudden I’m starting to smell things again I haven’t for almost two-years. Covid is weird.

5 Likes

My wife lost her sense of smell / taste when she got Covid last Christmas (2020), but then it came back. Then it changed and good things started smelling bad and vice versa. Slowly different tastes have gone back to normal for her, but there are still some that haven’t, more than a year later. She hopes it will completely resolve itself someday, because she still can’t eat chocolate! :sob:

4 Likes

I read an article, I think in our local paper, about someone who had long covid from an early bout with the illness. She had covid a second time 8 months or so later and the long covid symptoms went away following.

So yeah. Covid is really weird.

3 Likes

I mean, that fits me to a T though it may just be coincidence. Covid a second time a month ago and I’m smelling all sorts of things again. Two things I couldn’t smell were flatulence and gasoline. Well, those smells are back :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess not smelling those things would be okay with me, too!

2 Likes

This is exactly how I took it too. My children, whether in the home or not are my immediate family. Extended family is family outside of my family unit. I guess it’s all a matter of personal opinion. My neck of the woods are big, big on family ties so “extended” families are quite large.

1 Like

Same with my wife! Good to know those will eventually return! :joy:

(She needs to smell poopy diapers for when I’m not around to change them, and not being able to smell gasoline is dangerous.)

2 Likes

I think this is the universal definition. There just comes a time when I’m designing a poll that I have to stop overanalyzing the options and just post it and hope my best was good enough to not derail the poll! :joy:

4 Likes

Omg me too! Just this past month. And gasoline doesn’t smell nice like it used to, just sickly sweet.

Bell peppers came back first and they smell gross to me now :tired_face:

1 Like

Or maybe you like a little friendly discussion in your polls and intentionally left room for a little ambiguity :joy::joy: (jj, I can really see you take a lot of time and thought and didn’t forsee any issues arising)

2 Likes

I honestly don’t mind this, but I often spend way more time workshopping my polls than I should! :joy:

3 Likes

TWSS :joy: your on a “pole” kick today :joy:

5 Likes

:rofl:

I guess I’m one of those lucky few who has never had COVID or symptoms…that I know of. Only people I know who have caught it were at work, but I wouldn’t call any of them close acquaintances. But then again, I’m vaxxed, boosted, and religiously wear my mask everywhere, so maybe it’s not luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is r tragic actually

2 Likes

Bell peppers!!! Holy smokes, I am acutely aware of their smell now. I have to cook those suckers until they basically fall apart so I can’t smell them. I feel like I’ve found a Covid Anonymous group :rofl:

3 Likes

I had covid Nov 2020, still having long haulers issues of shortness of breath, burning smells and change in taste. I am just so tired of covid and how our lives have all changed. 2 weeks ago a friend 55yo died w covid but due to stage IV pancratic cancer. Wed will be my 60th birthday, and March will be my 30th anniversary. I have not seen most of my extended family for 2 yrs, because they are so high risk and DH and son work in healthcare. I am tired. I am sure everyone is, but I needed to say it. Everyone be well!!!

11 Likes

College freshman DD just got it Wednesday. Had she not gotten tested, I would have thought she just had a cold. No fever, no chills, no body aches, no loss of taste or smell. Her only symptoms are scratchy throat, stuff nose, and a slight cough.

3 Likes