Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film

Can you help me understand what she means about Moana only even being in the running because of LM?

1 Like

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

I thought Moana was your marathon inspo???

2 Likes

Lin Manuel Miranda’s music, nothing do with Little Mermaid :joy:

3 Likes

I kind of hate LM.

I LOVE Moana (see my vote?)

4 Likes

Oh.

So I’m more confused.

What does one have to do with the other?

1 Like

She loves the soundtrack but doesn’t like the movie. That’s how I took it.

1 Like

She’s saying that if not for the music, Moana wouldn’t be in the running. He wrote some of the music.

4 Likes

Ooh I see you meant LM Little Mermaid, not LMM Lin Manuel Miranda. :bulb::bulb::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I also voted based on what I watched the most as a kid. I kind of hate Peter Pan, now, but we watched it SO MUCH when I was little.

Meet the Robinsons is clearly the best in group 3. Goob is the best bad-guy in any film, ever. :smiley:

I had the hardest with group 4. We re-watch these the most at our house and my two kids have very different favorites. I picked Moana mostly because of my sister’s connection to it - she loves that it’s
about a woman (god) who’s been wronged and needs understanding to heal, not a demigod to fight her. (I don’t have to spoiler-tag that, do I?)

4 Likes

Wait.

I think you solved the mystery

Did @LTinNC82 say LMM in her post and I missed an M and thought she was saying LM?

5 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

I’m saying if Moana didn’t have the LMM soundtrack it wouldn’t rate high on anyones list. To me it seems more like a digital album vs a movie with a soundtrack.

4 Likes

Wrong! :rofl: That was the hardest category.

4 Likes

HA! Yes that’s it!

I read it as Moana would not be in the running if not for LM music

I was like - what does the music of LM have to do with Moana being in the running?

You see my confusion then?

I need a nap. First days back after vacation are hard and the people here are especially loony today.

7 Likes

I disagree but I get it now!! And that’s what counts!

4 Likes

:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

I meant here at my office

I walked into a shitstorm and it took me til noon to get it settled.

4 Likes

Damn that was hard.

5 Likes

TWSS

(Sentence)

8 Likes

Robin Hood is probably my favorite of the 70s and early 80s up to The Little Mermaid. It’s perfect.

That is awesome!

Possibly. Music is an essential element of Disney films. But it’s there, so … :smirk: (That said, I do love Moana herself and the story.)

Gawrsh, thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I really love this soundtrack. It captures the mystery and adventure of the jungle so well. George Bruns was a genius. He also did a few other Disney scores, by the way - including my personal favorite, Sleeping Beauty (for which he achieved the impossible by improving on Tchaikovsky).

8 Likes