Poll Time! Best TS Restaurant in Epcot?

If my family had to pick ONE, it would be Biergarten so I went with that.

1 Like

Because I’m usually only there during festivals now (read: they have too many festivals now), I tend to just eat at various kiosks in Epcot. I’ve only dined at Biergarten and Garden Grill. Both good, but I feel under-qualified to vote.

1 Like

Not adding anything new - everyone’s said it, this one is tough. Went with Le Cellier only because the first time I went there was middle of summer 1996 for lunch and it was a haven from the heat. And there was nearly no one there. Pure bliss on that trip.

1 Like

Don’t let that stop you! No one has eaten at all of these.

3 Likes

After this poll, my wife suggested that we have a trip that is focused on eating around EPCOT.

4 Likes

For those voting for Garden Grill, why is that your choice? Character breakfast? Food quality? Diversity of options? Specific dishes? Ambiance?

I find it a little surprising frankly that it is in the lead. With all the great restaurants in WS I would think one of them would get some traction. But maybe it’s just a matter of too many good options splitting the vote.

In any case, I’d like to know what makes Garden Grill a worthy winner!

2 Likes

It’s not on the list as it’s more of a lounge (although they have a fairly good-sized menu), but I like to sneak into Tutto Gusto when the family goes to Universal. It’s my treat to myself. Also, you can take an opened bottle back to your room.

2 Likes

I’m surprised by how few TS restaurants we’ve eaten at in EP. We clearly have work to do!

4 Likes

That was my same thought!

1 Like

GG offers a bit of a sweet spot. All you can eat, variety, characters, unique rotating restaurant, and if you get a booth it is fairly private.

1 Like

All the reason I chose it, too.

1 Like

I’ve eaten at Garden Grill maybe 3 times in 30 years. I’d only eat there with kids.

Tokyo Dining was my choice, nearly tied with Marrskesh and San Angel Inn. Really good authentic Mexican food isn’t obtained here.
I love the bastilla at Marrakesh.
But Tokyo Dining is such a nice refuge with good food. So it took first.

With kids Akershus is great, especially breakfast. Biergarten is a party any time. When we’ve not filled the table we’ve had great table mates.

Probably been 25 years since we ate at Canada, UK or Italy. China was a couple of trips ago. Those 4 are like Garden Grill, just don’t resonate with me.

Every other trip we talk about eating at France and then we don’t. Idk why.

1 Like

Wow, I’m surprised by the results of this one. I love GG, and it has nothing to do with the food, as the menu has changed probably a dozen times. I remember as a kid eating there and thinking it was so cool. I think it was called the Good Turn back then.

eta for me @Jeff_AZ, it’s similar to why I became obsessed with PotC and Blue Bayou at DL. The boat ride/restaurant combo is a great idea. LwtL happens to be my favorite EP ride too.

2 Likes

I will definitely need to try Garden Grill next time I’m at Epcot! Funny, I always thought that whole building was kind of lackluster, like a shopping mall. It didn’t seem super “Disney” to me. But I do love the rides in the pavilion!

I see there is no love for Nine Dragons. It reminds me of the time my parents took my family there back in the 90s. My brother got sick and threw up in the sofa bed we were sharing in the middle of the night at OKW. Luckily I woke up just in time to avoid getting hit. :joy:

4 Likes

I’d really love to go to Msr Paul

I got to enjoy Chefs de France in January and it was soooooo good!

2 Likes

GG is just a great combo of everything I like. I think it checks nearly all the boxes:

1. Good quality food - 3 choices for entrees for lunch/dinner - normal breakfast selections if doing breakfast plus some unique like the Nuttella syrup.
  2. Family style - no need to get up & hit the buffet so no worries on managing the kid(s) - worries about your stuff - worry about missing when Mickey is dropping by - just sit and eat
  3. Unlimited food - want more bacon for breakfast, just ask - love the fish choice for entree, ask for more
  4. The spinning restaurant is kind of cool/fun w/occasional views of LwtL
  5. Perhaps the best Hidden Mickey in all the parks with the old school Mickey hanging in the ferns on the left which is always a fun challenge to find
  6. Really good character interactions. Chip & Dale are both top notch interacting with kids as is Pluto. Many of our top Character Meal interactions came here. Farmer Mickey is OK, he’s at least a different looking Mickey.
  7. The seating offers some privacy and there’s less density of people than many places so the characters get around faster - linger and you may get a bonus 2nd pass depending on time of day. Just a bonus high 5 as you’re getting ready to leave is fun…

In general it is just a great combo in my opinion that puts it near the top…

5 Likes

All of this.

We finally did it on one of our last trips and were like - we should have done this forever ago!

2 Likes

Excellent choice! I was torn between that and Garden Grill. In the end, Chip and Dale beat the princesses.

2 Likes

All of this, too. Not to mention that the fresh salsa that they serve with breakfast is crack for your eggs.

2 Likes