Poll Time! Best QS Restaurant at Epcot?

I went into Katsura Grill for the first time with my older kids for some ramen in 2019. Unbeknownst to us, it was Golden Week, which is a huge holiday in Japan. We were the only non Asian people in the place. I turned to my kids and said, “I guess we made a good choice!”
It’s been a favorite ever since.

6 Likes

Ludachrismas

1 Like

Still waiting on that report back.

2 Likes

Ah yes I forgot. Sorry. I was really hoping to get the sample platter but it was not available. Ended up with the brisket. I would say it was good but not the beat BBQ I have ever had but good.

4 Likes

I take the controversial view that the food options at Epcot are not that great. I have / had high hopes for Regal Eagle.

1 Like

Come to Texas if you want real BBQ. The southeast thinks things like pulled pork and vinegar-alone (I’m lookin at you NC) are what makes good BBQ. But us Texans know slow smoked brisket (Franklin’s really is the best ever) hands down wins. ;-). If you ever make it to Austin preorder Franklins weeks ahead to avoid the HUGE line and then running out. I can never eat BBQ anywhere we travel because it never compares to home.

5 Likes

There’s so many good ones. Epcot has, by far, the best food of any of the parks IMO.

2 Likes

This is a legally binding contract, which I am accepting. I look forward to staying in your home and eating many Texan delicacies. Should I bring my own gun, or will one be provided?

10 Likes

As long as you aren’t allergic to four large dogs you are welcome here anytime. But to get that Franklin’s we need a few weeks notice. Otherwise you might just have to settle for the 2nd best BBQ in the world! :wink:

Edit: I might still have my old Nintendo gun lying around somewhere in a box I can give you? That’s about the only gun I’ll ever own.

5 Likes

Which one would this be? I need this info!

Our Killen’s can go head to head with just about anyone. :wink:. Especially given the bonus points for the amazing creamed corn.

I still haven’t made it to Franklin’s. I can never seem to coordinate the time commitment!

Killen’s we used to have to RD but now they have mobile ordering to go. :heart_eyes:

Black’s in Lockhart is our go-to on the BBQ trail. (And yes, Texas really has a BBQ trail.) We totally should take @sanstitre_has_left_the_building on a BBQ tour!

https://www.tourism-tools.com/texasbbq/Welcome.html

I actually enjoy sampling BBQ from other regions. But it’s generally not the same when eaten outside the region, so I generally avoid the BBQ offerings at WDW.

2 Likes

I’m 100% down and I can tell you my DH would be elated. He used to have a weekly BBQ lunch with coworkers but ya know covid and other things like more actual work.

My second favorite is Micklethwaits on the east side too but further south than Franklins about a mile-ish. It’s a food truck but the grits OMG. They always have specialty sausages too. It also gets a long line and runs out but if you get there right at 11am it’s a short line.

The best near me is Stiles Switch but I will also add that my DH can really smoke a brisket. He does this for holidays because it literally requires being awake all night to make sure the temp is just right. Come on down for a holiday! I would honestly say his is my 2nd fave after Franklins but don’t tell him I said that. To him it’s the best! Cuz I want him to keep making that sacrifice. :wink:

3 Likes

But it’s generally not the same when eaten outside the region, so I generally avoid the BBQ offerings at WDW.

DH feels the same and refuses to eat BBQ at Disney.

1 Like

If DD20 ends up back on campus at UT this fall for her senior year instead of online, we should definitely sync up on one of my runs over there!

2 Likes

:100:

1 Like

My friend who lives in Pflugerville swears by Franklin’s.

1 Like

I never knew until I had it and now I get it. I mean it’s good next day and cold and still the best brisket I’ve ever had. The line makes sense. Have you ever seen the movie Chef? He’s in it.