Poll Time! Best Pixar Film - Round 2

Tough choice between Toy Story and Up …

1 Like

How can Monsters Inc possibly be beating out The Incredibles? It is a great movie, sure…but better than The Incredbles? No way.

(I feel the same way about Coco…saw it once, with zero desire to watch it again…at least Monster’s Inc I have seen multiple times and would watch it again.)

1 Like

That will be exactly my dilemma if they both make it through!

3 Likes

Well after having watching Cars at least 300 times in my 4 year old’s short life, I can confidently tell you all that you are SEVERELY underestimating this film. The final race never fails to make me tear up. The King finishes his last race, y’all.

6 Likes

I agree with you Cars is great! It and Toy Story and my now teens favorite movies. We watched them repeatedly over their preschool years and my DS14 still looks at all the cars in the target toy section to make sure they don’t have a new one that he needs. Cars is a great story without a really villain. Love it!

4 Likes

I just read a thing called A Marriage Story on theringer.com about the first 10 minutes of Up.

It recounts the amount of work that went into that 10 minutes. And how profoundly moving (sad) it is to people.

3 Likes

My husband follows that … ?page?

Each day since the bracket went “live” he has been sharing the offerings with me and letting me choose to see if I choose the same way as the bracketeers.
They’ve gotten a few wrong, but most right.

I shared with him our ongoing poll here in turn.

5 Likes

OK I’m crying just reading this

And dammit now I have to go change my vote.

4 Likes

The first 10 minutes of Up MAKE the movie. Without it, it isn’t that great. In fact, after those first 10 minutes, go ahead and turn it off.

(Having said that, I DO quote the “Squirrel!” bit quite often.)

3 Likes

I shared the Star Wars poll with my sister who can’t recall most birthdates - including that of her only child - or any actor’s name. But her store of esoteric detail for Star Trek, Star Wars, anything Tolkien, Harry Potter (but not Marvel) is apparently without limit. She started reading comments, with so much scoffing, derisive laughter and other reactions that I wished I was recording it. She quit after about 50 comments. She’s not much fun to discuss stuff with. :smirk:

3 Likes

Everything about it is great, but I especially love Giacchino’s score. “Married Life” is one of my favorite Main Street tunes.

5 Likes

Is there any other way to point out a squirrel anymore?? :rofl:

4 Likes

I was teaching myself this tune on the piano a while back. I should get back to it.

I’m humming it now, and it will be in my head for the rest of the day. And that’s just fine with me.

5 Likes

Gotta agree with you there!

2 Likes

Or any other animal . . . :rofl:

2 Likes

I shared my overall rankings for SW in the Star Wars poll…so I’ll share my Pixar chart here. I feel less confident about this one…I think Coco should be higher…and I’m not sure Toy Story 3 should be in my top 5. But, I do feel good about Up and Monsters, Inc getting my votes.

2 Likes

I picked Up because of the beginning sequence. It really resonates with me. It was beautifully done.

1 Like

Round 3 is live!

4 Likes

You’re too good to us, managing these crazy polls.

Thanks for all that you do!

4 Likes

Gawrsh, thanks! :blush:

3 Likes