Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Theming

Thank you! (and @gingerSnaps543222!)

1 Like

All right, you smartass :rofl::rofl::rofl:, I updated the wording of the question:

Because this is what I was going for:

Whereas this is a dumb question because it puts no onus on Disney whatsoever other than choosing the theme:

I figured that execution of the idea would be a given, but thank you for making me clarify. :joy:

5 Likes

I passed on voting because I’ve been to so few, I’ve never seen AKL or WL which I think would be at the top.

Out of the ones I’ve been to, Poly ranks high and so does BWI for the general ambience. The boardwalk itself is one of my favorite places but the hotel interior is less exciting for me.

1 Like

I choose AKL, not just for the actual animals, but because this is the largest collection of African Art outside of Africa. Which is fantastic. (Even if some of the art is from countries that are not home to the traditional animals referred to by the “animal kingdom”. I’ll allow it.

Port Orleans. While I am not in love with the plantation style mansions, I love the alligator bayou section, the greenery, the details in the pavement, the lobby. All beautiful. And it is my favorite pool on property so far. With Boatwrights back in business, you have a themed restaurant too.

Pop Century: I just find Pop delightful.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s not open to the general public. It is an abomination.

4 Likes

I think all the votes for AOA should be discounted unless those voting have also visited the other budget hotels and are in a position to compare them all.

I think AOA is tired and ugly.

1 Like

I’ve been to AOA to see the public areas, and the theming on the outside. I’ve never stayed there, but I love the pictures I’ve seen of the rooms.

I’ve stayed at all of the other values except Sports. AOA still wins in my book. Just the pool itself makes me happy.

4 Likes

To be fair I stayed there the year it opened. I think it opened in like Sept and we stayed there in Dec so it was fresh…but it was leaps and bounds above ASMusic which I stayed at previous to AoA’s opening. I loved the Nemo suite with the kids. DD was thrilled with the trundle bed which were rare at the time and the main pool area is fantastically themed. ASMusic felt tired and old when I stayed there much more so…maybe with the renovations it’s better…but I still wasn’t fond of the grounds either.

*I imagine I’d like Movies the best of the three All Stars…it’d be the next one I’d try.

4 Likes

I agree that of the three All Stars, Movies is my favorite.

1 Like

For mods, I voted for CSR but was really voting for parts of CSR…so Gran Destino. Without the addition of that tower, I would likely vote for Caribbean Beach.

5 Likes

AKL coupled with Africa in AK are deeply themed enough to inspire me to go to Real Africa. That says something to me.

Poly comes close to getting me to want to go to Hawaii.

4 Likes

ON DISPLAY

The Smithsonian technically has more pieces, but AKL has the most on display

4 Likes

Yes this.

3 Likes

Haha - I should know this. My daughter went to Kindergarten at the Smithsonian!

5 Likes

OK what now? You can go to Kindergarten at the Smithsonian??

Can I re-do Kindergarten?

3 Likes

Maybe that’s another poll. What resort feels like home. Or the duct tape recliner. Or the comfy slippers.

2 Likes

Which I just said in my TR is what OKW feels like to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agree 100% up til the day they ripped out the phenominal water fall in the lobby

2 Likes

It’s funny because I hear about this kind of a lot.

But those of us who never knew it? Well I still find that lobby to be outstanding.

2 Likes

They have a daycare, preK and Kindergarten. Order of priority for enrollment is Smithsonian employees, federal govt employees, everyone else. My DD has a an Oct. birthday which put her in PreK in Virginia but K in DC. Instead of paying for another year of daycare we thought, “why not pay for a year of Kindergarten. At the Smithsonian”. She got iin under the “everybody else cayagory”. It was awesome, except the dinosaur exhibit was closed the whole time. I am still jealous.

5 Likes