Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Location

I went with Monorail for this round but will most likey change when other decision points become available

1 Like

When we stayed at Beach Club we were in the building closest to Epcot. We walked down the stairs (instead of threw all those long hallways) and it was a very short walk to Epcot. We took the boat to Hollywood Studios. I consider BC a walking resort. OTOH, I’d never stay at a resort that mainly relies on the Skyliner because the window distortion makes me motion sick.

1 Like

Wait I just changed my vote to SL and you’ve changed it again to Ferry? This is confusing!

1 Like

Alright so I’ve changed my vote for the third time. I love the SL but since it goes down so much in the summer I’m choosing monorail. It I actually really really like YC/BC/BWI walking. :joy: maybe I’ll switch back to SL at some time.

2 Likes

There are 9 votes that should be moved from here. This poll is tainted :rofl:

1 Like

It would be super interesting to cross reference this poll with a family demographics poll. For us, the monorail is a lovely form of transportation, but we have little need to be that far away from everything else. Without littles, we’re just not going to MK often enough to justify the longer transportation to the other parks. Even Epcot because of the transfer at TTC.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if anyone bothered to read @Jeff_AZ 's rules for his polls. Where basically he says he writes them so deal with it.

3 Likes

Yes, but you can’t make a poll, release it, then later change the details. Sorry @Jeff_AZ you know I’m just picking on you!

3 Likes

He’s fun to pick on, isn’t he? He’s such a good sport about it.

4 Likes

This. This is a good point. Hmm… might go for the vote change. When does this poll close?!
I have littles, but we just don’t, and won’t, spend a disproportionate amount of time at MK. It’s kinda all 4 parks or bust at this point. And we had no transportation issues with littles while staying at BC. It was all pretty easy.

3 Likes

I leave them open for one week generally.

Don’t worry - all the best hotels will make it on to the next round, regardless of this little snafu. In fact, the only hotels that will be eliminated if the current voting stands are bus-only resorts.

3 Likes

I found Poly to be great for littles. The bus transport was very convenient (better than walking to HS from BC), and we could walk to all three monorail lines (express, resort, Epcot), including both the TTC and Poly stations. Plus there was the ferry, which was great in the evening.

4 Likes

Yeah Poly is THE answer here.

2 Likes

I’m really scared this may end up being true! The only rooms that fit my whole family are the bungalows or big suites :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

I hate that they have connecting rooms but won’t guarantee them or that would be an answer too.

4 Likes

Definitely agree, Think the answer depends on which parks you like the most, time is money at Disney. Love the Poly for the resort itself and the location to MK, but easy walk to transportation center for easy commute to Epcot, and easy boat ride to MK, AND being able to walk there now is a big plus. We like to golf a little as well, so nice to have the golf across the street. If there is a knock on Poly, I’d say the food, but Grand Floridian has some great choices. Poly 1st place, GF 2nd place, Beach Club 3rd place (pool and easy access to epcot and HS). Great Poll!

1 Like

I didnt know this :disappointed_relieved: I was planning to do this for Poly. Don’t 100% have to have connecting bc adults in each room but wanted the fam to be “together”. Will have to try some sweet southern talking and hope for the best! Not doing a bungalow, lol.

2 Likes

I know…I would do the bungalow but I cannot justify $15K for 4 nights when I’m planning to go to Japan next year which is going to be SUPER expensive

1 Like

I think if your room request says “Connecting rooms” as your top priority, you have a decent chance of getting that or at least rooms that are nearby. No guarantee, but in my experience they really try to accommodate connecting / nearby rooms (especially if there are young children in the party). This can sometimes mean you are assigned rooms in a less desirable part of the resort, though at Poly I’d argue everywhere has its benefits.

2 Likes

Round 2 is live!

2 Likes