Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Dining

Giancarlo says, “hi.”

2 Likes

I can totally get that perspective. I tend to not consider the signature dining establishments because we never eat at them! The food is so good at so many of the more casual restaurants that with a family of four we haven’t been willing to spend the extra money. Perhaps if we ever do a couples trip!

2 Likes

I haven’t eaten in GF yet (!) so I will have to try more of those options some time. The race between the other two monorail resorts is tight:

I really loved Steakhouse 71 and California Grill looks amazing, obviously (though I haven’t tried it). I think Captain Cook’s and Kona Cafe are better than Contemporary Cafe. I haven’t tried Chef Mickey’s but it looks generic. Ohana is a great restaurant, too expensive and too much food for my family. The guilt of wasting / spending too much offset the deliciousness of the food. But even without that, Steakhouse 71 wins.

But Poly also has QS dole whips … :thinking:

Hard for me to pick a clear winner with all that to contend with.

2 Likes

Oh, and I didn’t even mention WL cause I’ve only eaten at Roaring Fork.

1 Like

SSR is the only choice that is valid, since it is about access to options. It has, by far, access for the most options both walking and by boat.

Arguably, OKW has access as well, but since only by boat that moved it down a notch.

If course, the monorail resorts have pretty easy access to one another, as well.

Hmm.

1 Like

I tended to vote with my favorites.

GF because 1900 Park Fare and because from non-MK resorts GF is easy to get to - take the MK bus and then the little launch (no huffing and puffing up the monorail ramp).

I voted Ft Wilderness because Trails End - and HDDR somewhat - has so much nostalgia and, again, from non-MK resorts it’s somewhat easy to get to. If Coronado Springs were easier to get to, I’d maybe have to possibly shift my vote, perhaps.

I voted AoA because I’d heard good things about it. Haven’t stayed at any Value to have any idea.

2 Likes

Another way to think of this is:

If you had a friend who is a foodie and wanted to have the easiest access to the best restaurants, which resort would you recommend they stay at?

That kind of frames it the way I want to think about it (though you can think of it differently if you want, it’s your vote!). The last poll was about choosing the resort with the best transportation, if that was your only consideration. This is more “where would you stay if access to good restaurants was the only consideration.”

2 Likes

I didn’t vote in the deluxe category because I think it’s impossible to pick just one.

Obviously AKL and GF have very strong offerings but I personally think CR is up there, too: CG, CM, S71.

Actually, I am going to vote for GF: V&A, Citrico’s, Narcoossee’s, 1900PF, Enchanted Rose and easy access to the CR dining options.

(I didn’t include GF Café as I haven’t forgiven them for the terrible eggs benedict I had there.)

4 Likes

Dolphin, but that is not my answer.

2 Likes

That would be a great answer! Although I think an argument could be made that if Dolphin has the best access, Boardwalk would be even better because it is closer to Epcot and the boardwalk itself, plus is very close to Swan/Dolphin.

1 Like

Oh! You are counting restaurants you can access with an APR and a park ticket?

3 Likes

And this is why I voted why I voted. Sanaa is relatively Disney cheap and absolutely incredible food with incredible service (and the bread service is literally to die for) with fabulous views. So while I agree with @OBNurse about BW I went AKL for Sanaa alone. I’d eat there multiple times.

2 Likes

The two bars…the rooftop one and the Three Bridges are the best Moderate choices hands down for Moderate. None of the other moderates have that.

4 Likes

Yes, I would include park access.

Ok, which deluxe is closet to IOA and US?

1 Like

Poly just has the least options and no signature which is why I said that. Although I’m not really a fan of Kona, I do love me some Captain Cooks. Thai coconut meatballs, pork nachos, tonga toast for breakfast… droooool.

2 Likes

I have GF the nod over CR because Enchanted Rose > Outer Rim. Plus all the signatures.

2 Likes

SSR I would guess.

2 Likes

You can’t change to poll now jefffffaaaahhhhzzzzz

2 Likes

Does not count.

That is the shadowy area and we don’t go there

5 Likes