Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Dining

Well if I can count dining in parks I want to count the ones that don’t need APRs……

4 Likes

So far AKL and Coronado are running away with the vote in their respective polls.

Can anyone who has eaten at both Pop Century and Art of Animation offer insight as to which QS is better and why?

From what I remember, LoF had a few more adventurous options and more desserts and drinks vs Pop, but both were solid and plenty good enough for a Value.

1 Like

Pop did have dole whip in the before times, does it still? Did AoA have dole whip?

1 Like

I think the majority of value qs is the same menu now. I chose Pop for the iconic tie dye cheesecake.

2 Likes

I’ve never eaten at Pop Century but I have eaten at AoA and it had unique variety back prepandemic giving it the heads up over the ASMu that I have also eaten at and did not care for.

Prepandemic LoF menu:

compare that to something at Everything Pop:

4 Likes

You sold me! I voted for Pop thinking it was the only value I’d stayed at, but I forgot I also stayed at AoA and actually tried the food court!

1 Like

I can totally understand AK running away with it.
I’m also secretly loving the fact that Swolphin is getting NO love.

2 Likes

Why is that?

1 Like

There’s a certain strain of Disney diner who enjoys letting anyone who raves about any Disney-operated restaurant know that one is a rube and a chump for doing so, as it’s being generous to even call those places mediocre. And that the Swan and Dolphin restaurants are the only ones within the Disney boundaries that merit being called “good.” And such diners want “their” spots to remain relatively unknown, lest they be overrun with those rubes, chumps, dips, creeps, and variegated slack-jawed yokels.

2 Likes

I feel like Swolphin, for many WDW fans, has that stigma and is viewed as a “mud blood” resort, or “half blood” at best, to borrow terms from a competing IP. Not being “Pure Disney” creates a bias against the resorts and by association their dining options, whether one has tried them and their opinion is clouded or has refused to try them altogether. Probably quite a few people would see the title of this poll and not be surprised if Swolphin was excluded and don’t consider it to fall under “Disney Resort Hotel.”

2 Likes

Why are people biting based on the ONE restaurant they love the food from. This isn’t about best food, but best access to food, no? AKL has very limited options, compared to the monorail resorts, Crescent Lake resorts, or SSR (with all of DS easily accessible).

2 Likes

Hold the presses!

@ryan1 and I agree on this!

If I were choosing based on my favorite meal, I’d be picking CR for Cali Grill or AKL for Sanaa (bread service, I’m comin for ya in 16 days!).

But access is the thing that was asked in the poll. So BWV wins for me. Because by itself it has some great options, but it is closest to a wide array of restaurants all around Echo Lake, (Crescent Lake? I can’t keep my dang lakes straight down there) at EP, HS and (yes) Swolphin

3 Likes

So, I guess I misunderstood the question, because I thought “best access to food” meant food AT the resort…

If best “access” means anywhere you can get to… then any resort could be good. If I stay at Port Orleans, I am a short car ride from virtually any restaurant on property. Any of the monorail resorts are no better than the others if the premise is that by simply hopping on the monorail, I could eat at Ohana, CG, V&A all in a single day. Ditto for the Crescent Lake resorts.

So, for my voting, I limited to dining options AT the resort, not in the vicinity of the resort. But I am probably reading too much into this. Wouldn’t be the first time.

2 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

I still say with access to 11 (?- according to their app) dining locations, plus EP area resorts Swan/Dolphin should win.

1 Like

Swolphin has 11 restaurants???!!!

Color me surprised!

1 Like

11 might include things like pool bars that offer food?

1 Like

Actually? I just went on the WDW site and filtered all dining by resorts and included only Swan Dolphin and Reserve and there are - get this - TWENTY TWO dining options there

:flushed:

3 Likes

It’s still dining, isn’t it? Does the poll restrict to TS? (I’m too lazy to scroll up)

1 Like