Poll: meal between flight and MVMCP

Let’s say hypothetically your flight arrives on time at 11:30. And you get to Wilderness Lodge with DD4 and DS9 around 1p. You have no park tickets, but you do have MVMCP tickets for the night. You’re leaving the next morning on DCL. Would you:

• Have lunch at Whispering Canyon. New to us but no characters
  • 415 CRT. New to kids, but no Cindy.
  • 415 BOG. Never done dinner here but Beast might be scary?
  • 415 somewhere else at MK.
  • 4 Artist Point. We all did precovid
  • Other

0 voters

We just did Ohana, Chef Mickey’s doesn’t open til 5 (that was my first choice for characters), unless the food at Crystal Palace has improved immensely (last time I was there was 2015, so maybe?) that’s a no, and we also all did JC in April. Have to use park transport, so trying to stick to mono loop. Don’t mind getting into MK around 530 but don’t want it to be like 7 in case DD gives up early.

I voted for BOG. I doubt the Beast will be scary–he kind of loops through the dining room now.

Cindy is at CRT, but only as a meet/photo downstairs.

Artist point is the best meet and great, but the food isn’t…the best (to me). WL is beautifully decorated though, so that might give this one an edge. We did all three of those on our last visit, and BOG was the winner for us.

I’ve been hearing good things about Crystal Palace, but I have no personal experience with it.

2 Likes

I voted to stay in. You are going to be out late. Don’t try to cram it all in on arrival or you might burn out by 8:30pm!

I’m a go-go person myself and have to remind myself that my family can’t always keep up!

4 Likes

I voted CRT bc that is just theeeee coolest experience and with it being 1 night it’s a litttle easier to swallow the hefty expense when you don’t have many more days of food expense too.

My 2nd choice would be dinner at Kona or Captain Cooks at Poly bc the Poly is the best.

1 Like

I’m leaning toward CRT too just because it is a really cool experience and I’ve had really delicious food there. On the other hand, where are the dang princesses?!

1 Like

I should clarify that we are sleeping at WL, so we will see it no matter what. DD doesn’t remember artist point because she was 18 mo, DS doesn’t care, but I wasn’t impressed by the food.

2 Likes

This is correct. But we were just there last week, the Christmas decor is meh compared with GF.

1 Like

The thing is, if our room isn’t ready until 3, we might not have anywhere to stay in. So would just be wandering WL until we leave for MK.

3 Likes

Up to you! Good luck! I can only advise you what I’d do based on my experiences. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I might end up with WCC as default and CRT as back up if a res opens up and our room isn’t ready. As long as my kids don’t beg to get in the pool lol

2 Likes

I vote WCC but personally I love Geyser Point. The kiddos will probably enjoy WCC over this though.

2 Likes

If it were me I would explore WL, monorail over to at least see the gingerbread house at GF, then go to MK for CRT.

3 Likes

Their whole menu is meh to gross to me.

2 Likes
  1. Keep it simple. And WCC is really good and offers some shenanigans that are fun.

2. This:

Save it for when they are back.

1. Arrive at 1, leave bags with bell services, lunch at 1:30, finish around 3. Room is Maybe ready before but maybe not. And either way after lunch you should wander WL since you’re just sleeping over. Take a minute to take it in. It is the top resort at Christmas. Boat over to MK for 4pm. Simple.

We Liners do have a tendency to make things unnecessarily complicated and I think you’re leaning in that direction here.

2 Likes

Geyser Point has been our go to on arrival days so you aren’t stressed to miss an ADR but also good food, beer, and the ducks will come by and maybe walk under your table. You can do walk up wait list on MDE as soon as you get to the resort and take pics by the tree in the lobby while you wait. (They had a photo pass photographer at certain times of day by the tree too.) The app may say the wait is 30-45 mins but that is a lie, we tend to get called more like 5-10 mins after doing the online wait list thing.

4 Likes

Who me?! :blowfish:

1 Like

Girl, it’s all of us here. :wink:

1 Like

@FOMOm_VA , all the recent reports I’ve read say that Cindy does a meet and greet in the lobby now when you check-in, with photos and autographs

Reports vary as to whether she also wanders through the dining room too, that seems to vary.

1 Like

Yeah but compared with what it was…

2 Likes