Please Post Your Room Request Results

Resort: Polynesian
Class of Room: Standard view
Method used: TP email, online checkin
Room Request: balcony or patio, preferably Rarotonga.
Additional Circumstances: Mentioned it’s our 3rd stay, celebrating our anniversary again, loved our 3rd floor north facing Rarotonga room on a previous visit
Room received: 3806…perfect!

Technically upgraded since this is now considered pool/marina view ( was standard view 3 yrs ago for our first visit ) Very happy!

4 Likes
  • Resort: Boardwalk Inn
  • Standard Club Level
  • TP Fax
  • Room requested: 4223
  • Result: I received the exact room I requested. Thank you!
4 Likes

Resort: Coronado Springs
Grand Destino Tower
Standard View
T P email, online check in
Room 9021 requested
Room 9051 result

4 Likes

All Star Music
Standard
Fax Request with online checkin with no preferences
1st floor, In rock or broadway bldg, close to parking lot, corner if possible.
3658 3rd floor, rock, opposite parking lot. I went to the desk before I checked in and ended up with 4412 which hits basically all my boxes except we’re the 2nd room instead of corner but close enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pop Century
Standard
TP request - I guess it’s email now; Duplicated the requests on MDE check-in - no contradictions (70’s section, top floor)
401 (70’s section facing the Mickey Phone)

Room Recieved (assuming it doesn’t change between now and when I land): 6335
So I got the 70s section. No top floor. BUT it is relatively close to the walkway, and I’d requested as close to the main building as possible as I’m arriving late, so i’d prefer to not walk across a dim/dark resort in the wee hours since I’m solo. It could be worse. (Last year I was in the furthest possible building at POFQ with a similar arrival time.)

2 Likes

Here are last three requests:

Polynesian Village
Standard
Called In Request
Samoa, West Facing, Upper Floor
Got Rarotonga 3807 which turned out to be a great room. View of pool, quiet and easy access to the Great Hall

Beach Club
Standard
Called In Request
Upper Floor, North Facing (Lake View)
Got 4611 I believe which met all criteria

Art of Animation
Standard
Called In Request
Wanted to interior view to pool, Little Mermaid Room, 4th floor
Got 7805 and met criteria

Upcoming trip is more specific. We are going CSR Gran Destino Club Level and have requested a specific room. I will fill everyone in at a later date.

2 Likes

Actually I can now confirm that the only thing they met was 70s.

6335 is on the back wing but not quite facing the lake. A bit dark getting back here. Oh well. The room is clean at least. And I am on my mini-break!

2 Likes

Pop Century Standard rooms, 3 rooms, 8 family members traveling together.
Requested 3 rooms close together, gave room 6437 in 70’s section, top floor, as location preference through Touring Plans fax.
We got rooms 6446, 6447, and 6422 right around the corner, all on top floor. Nice and quiet but not too far from lobby, main pool, Skyliner and bus.

5 Likes
  • Resort: Pop
  • Class of room booked: Standard
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP Fax
  • Room requested: 5417
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): None
  • Result: 5434 - just on the other hall way across from 5417. It was basically the same location. We were pleased.
4 Likes

We stayed at Pop from 9/26 - 10/1. We requested Standard Pool View adjoining rooms 1168 and 1169, we got not even close. 80’s section, building 7 top floor. The only request granted was adjoining rooms.

1 Like
  • Resort: Polynesian
  • Class of room booked: Lake View DVC studio
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP Fax
  • Room requested: 3038
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): None
  • Result: 3032 same floor, down the hall a bit which was actually a bit better location (though any on that floor would have been great)
5 Likes

Resort: Coronado Springs
Class: standard tower water view
Method: TP room request fax
Rooms requested: 9046 and 9044
Additional: requested adjoining/ connected, if possible
Result: 9016 and 9018. Other side of the lifts. Great view of the MK fireworks. Would highly recommend. Not connected but not a big issue.

3 Likes

Just a note that adjoining rooms usually trumps other requests and could significantly limit what is available.

1 Like
  • Resort: POR
  • Class of room booked: Royal Room, Garden View
  • Method used: TP Fax
  • Room request: Room 9241 or similar, 2nd floor
  • Additional circumstances: None
  • Result: 9241. It was a nice room facing in the direction we’d hoped for.second time receiving 9252
3 Likes
  • Resort - CSR
  • Class of room booked - 2 standard view on separate reservations
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) - TP email and online check-in
  • Room requested - 5413 and 5410
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) - On both of the requests, included that our priorities were (in order): same building, Casitas, 4th floor, away from elevators. Also noted that we were excited to be staying here again after 20 years.
  • Result - 4445 and 4447, which met all criteria apart from being the exact room numbers, so pretty successful! Easy walk to the bus stop and not too far from the lobby. TP shows both rooms as not connecting, but 4445 does connect to 4446.
5 Likes
  • Resort - AKL Kidani
  • Class of room booked - 2 bedroom savannah view
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) - TP email and online check-in
  • Room requested - 7724
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) - near lobby and elevator by pool. Requested no higher than 3rd floor due to being afraid of heights.
  • Result - exact room requested. It was great — elevator to pool just outside our room and only a 5 min walk to lobby. We were on the third floor and the view was perfect with a feeding area right outside our balcony so lots of giraffes!!
7 Likes

Resort: Yacht Club
Class of room booked: garden/woods view 2 queen beds
Method used: TP fax
Rooms requested:4152
Additional circumstances: wanted a room with a bathtub for our daughter. 1st trip for daughter and husband, there for both of their birthdays.
Result: 2090. view of quiet pool, not the view I requested or floor. Room was fine, bit of a hike to go anywhere but not a big deal.
My in-laws on the other hand had Boardwalk Club level room, no room request, just two 60+ year olds who have no ties to Disney and they were pixie dusted to a 2br suite so I was pretty bitter for the whole trip.

2 Likes
  • Resort - Old Key West
  • Class of room booked - studio villa
  • Method used - TP email & online check-in (left blank)
  • Room requested: 1432
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) - we traveled with my sister’s family so first request was for rooms that were close together, second was to be near the lobby and main pool, and I believe third, we requested upper floor. I gave suggested rooms in Building 14, 1431/1432 and 1435/1436.
  • Result - 1823 (my sister got 1822), this met the first criteria as the rooms were next to each other. It was about a 7 minute walk to the lobby and main pool, not as close as Building 14 but close enough. They were on the second floor in a third story building so we did have some noise from above. Overall, very pleased with the rooms as they satisfied our first and second request, and also had a nice view of the golf course and a pond. Thank you!
5 Likes
  • Resort - POFQ
  • Class of room booked - Standard King
  • Method used - TP email
  • Room requested: 6340
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) - maybe it was because we paid for and requested a King Bed Room
  • Result - 2223; is an end room next to the stairs (which I loath due to foot traffic) but had a two windows! it ended up being a very quiet room and close to main lobby, food court and boat launch. i would request it again.
4 Likes
  • Art of Animation
  • Standard Little Mermaid Room
  • TP email (used to be fax) request, no other methods
  • Requested a continuous room for two separate one night stays, with a king bed if possible
  • As noted, we had two separate one-night stays booked
  • 7603 for both nights, with a king bed, no re-check-in needed - result!
4 Likes