Please Post Your Room Request Results

• Resort: Coronado Springs
  • Class of room booked: water view, 2 queens
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) note on reservation, online check in, and TP fax
  • Room requested: 8651 and 8652 (2nd floor, connecting rooms, Cabanas 8B)
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) I noted that one room reservation was under my name and the other was under my husband’s name, that we had five children and preferred a connecting room.
  • Result: 8229 and 8230 (2nd floor, connecting rooms, Cabanas 8A). They are in the same place in 8A as they would have been if we’d revived our exact request. A little farther from the lobby (boo) but closer to the main pool, laundry, and the bus, so We were very happy.
5 Likes

Split stay week of Aug. 18

Resort: Contemporary Resort
Class of room booked: Main Tower - Lake View
Method used: MDE room request (such as it is) and TP Fax
Room request: “Upper Floor, away from Chef Mickey’s. Please."
Additional circumstances: wrote nice note on TP fax about how excited we were
Result: Bingo! Got 4716. 11th floor. About as perfect of a room as I could want.

Resort: Yacht Club
Class of room booked: Water View
Method used: MDE room request (such as it is) and TP Fax
Room request: “Lake view, with a full balcony, and upper level. Please.”
Additional circumstances: wrote nice note on TP fax about how excited we were
Result: Not even close. I think I got bumped because of a business conference at the hotel. They “upgraded” me to Club Level, 5th floor. Got Room #5238: Balcony with a view of the back parking lot, a couple dumpsters, and the ongoing rumble of the air conditioning units. I complained. The next day we were moved to Room #5175: Gorgeous water view that I paid for, plus still on Club Level. About as perfect of a room as I could want.

5 Likes

Did they give you extra FPP with the Club Level upgrade? Not that it does you much good without the 90 days …

1 Like

Thats a $50 pp, pd charge, 3 day minimum but there is free food n drinks in the CL lounge

2 Likes

Yes! We got two unlimited FPP (no Pandora, no Toy Story Land, no Frozen) for each of the four park days we had left. So that was great too, and worth the one night of what I considered a crap room.

The economic benefits of Club Level don’t really work for us, because we don’t really need nor take advantage of any of the club level benefits. All I really wanted was an enjoyable balcony. Plus, as noted, we were too late (obviously) to take advantage of 90 day FPP window. We did take free coffee and breakfast muffins in morning, because we could, but that was about it.

(EDIT: To clarify, they did not give me the anytime FPP with the “upgrade.” They gave me the anytime FPP because I complained.)

2 Likes

Thats still awesome!

2 Likes

Resort: Coronado Springs
Class: Standard
Method used: TP Fax
Requested: 4113, Casitas Bldg 4, First floor- not parking lot view, near travel party
Received 4152- not the side I had requested, but the view was not of the parking lot. Was the building and floor requested near family.

Resort: Coronado Springs
Class: Standard
Requested: 4120, Casitas Bldg 4, first floor, not parking lot view, near travel party.
Received: 4150, Building and floor requested, not parking lot view, but not on side of building that was requested.

Resort Coronado Springs
Class: Standard King bed
Requested: 4121, Casitas Bldg 4, first floor, not parking lot view, near travel party.
Received: 4151, Casitas Bldg 4, first floor, not parking lot view, near travel party. Not on the side of building requested.

All worked OK, because we were together, ultimately where we wanted to be.

2 Likes

Resort: Caribbean Beach Resort
Class: Standard, King bed
Requested: 2545
Received 5340 Aruba building 53, second floor. It was a corner room and did have a king bed but faced the parking lot (also had connecting room). Disappointed but I think the King bed trumped all else.

Corner Window

4 Likes

Resort: Caribbean Beach, Aug 22-27
Class: Standard, 2 queens
Method used: TP fax
Requested: 4552 “Bldg Jamaica,Flr 2,NE-facing room.Exmple:4556,4555,4554,4553,4524,4523,4522”
I’d added “If it’s possible we’d prefer an upper floor, in Jamaica buildings 45 or 44 or Aruba buildings 51 or 52. Thank you! We’re very excited for our first visit to Walt Disney World and we’re sure we’ll have an amazing time no matter where our room is.” because it was true and because I’m a suckup.
Received: 4452 – next building over, same 2nd floor corner room/partial water view I’d hoped for. And then we kept the curtains closed pretty much the whole time :sweat_smile:

I was hoping the skyliner would be running and I think Jamaica would be ideal for that. Buildings 44/45 are nice for an easy walk over the Cay to Old Port Royale and an easy walk to the Skyliner too.

4 Likes

Beach Club Garden/Nature view.

Requested 2nd floor. 2512-2520. Actually got 2530. Very close, I consider it a fulfilled request.

Love, love, love the 6 minute walk to International Gateway to Epcot and 4 minute walk to the boat to HS. Walk to the bus for MK and AK is a bit longer, but a very do-able and in mostly air conditioning. Take the room if you get it.

Oh…2530 has a FULL balcony/patio.

1512-1530 (first floor) … there is a walking path right outside the room patio door, like 18-20 inches from the patio door. Personally, I’d avoid 1st floor or have your curtains closed them entire trip.

3 Likes

Boardwalk Inn Standard View

Requested 5279, which I think may have changed to a water view room since TP last updated, but I went for it anyway. Told them that this was an adults only trip to celebrate our 12th anniversary. Got 5305, location was very similar, but it had a view of the front parking/valet area. Also had 2 queen beds, which I had mentioned would be fine in my request even though we preferred a king.

Loved being on the top floor and almost at the end of the hallway - very quiet. And we had a balcony but didn’t end up using it so the view wasn’t a problem. Overall happy with what we got.

ETA: This was a lock-off, so once or twice we could hear voices through the door to the adjoining room. But it wasn’t really an issue for us.

2 Likes

Art of Animation, Cars Suite. Asked for top floor, pool / courtyard view.

Not even close.

1 Like

POFQ: requested ground floor, building 5 and to be in the same building as 2 other reservations. Given exactly that, 3 rooms in a row facing the pool on the ground, building 5, delighted with this

4 Likes

Resort: Old Key West Resort
Class: Hospitality House - 2 bedroom villa

Requested: Bldg Disney’s Old Key West Resort Building 13,Flr 2,SW-facing room.Exmple:1323

Received 1324- next room over. Room still had a water view, and the laundry room was detached (did not have to go through the king room’s bathroom to access it) which was such a great surprise. Did not have any issues with bus noises. 100% would stay in this room again. Location was amazing.

Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
Class: Preferred

Requested: Bldg Alligator Bayou,Flr 2,SW-facing room.Exmple:1848,1847,1846,1845,1844,1843

Received: 1855, Building and floor requested. Was only for one night as we extended our stay and OKW didn’t have availability.

Would say both requests were extremely successful🤗

5 Likes

Resort: Contemp
Class: garden wing
Method: TP
Request: water view
Specifics: Don’t remember room I requested but specified 2Q and daybed so no one had to share a bed with extra long teenage son. Also mentioned wanting to torture said son with Electric Light Pageant nightly. Higher floor would be nice
Result: Got exactly what we wanted and torture accomplished. Room was farthest from everything so probably not preferred by most.

Resort: BWI
Class: standard
Method: TP
Requested: I put in a room that was clearly water/boardwalk view despite the class I had booked.
Special: again requested 2Q and daybed for long limbed boy issue.
Received: Holy Cow upgraded room. Was an old club level room. Amazing balcony and view. Might have been because we checked in and went to park. Returned in the rain at 11pm and no room assigned yet. Might have been the only one left?

3 Likes

Yeah, if you booked a king bed, that automatically limits the number of rooms available to you.

• Resort: Polynesian Village Resort
  • Class of room booked: Club Level, Theme Park View
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP request feature (I didn’t use the MDE or any other option for requesting a room for fear of messing it up.)
  • Room requested: Hawaii 3511
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): I was careful to request a room that matched our type. We wanted 3rd floor for balcony and view. I knew our chances were pretty good since our building was certain due to booking club level (Which is part of why we did it. Also, “free” beer! Haha)
  • Result: Hawaii 3515, and it was perfect!
4 Likes
  • Resort: Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Class of room booked: Standard view, two queens
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP fax request
  • Room requested: 2202
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): My room wasn’t ready when I arrived at 3:30 pm and they offered me a room in building 7. I declined, preferring to wait for my preferred room to be ready. So glad I did!
  • Result: 2208
4 Likes

Resort: Grand Floridian
Class of Room: Outer building, lagoon view
Method used: TP fax
Room Request: 8417
Additional Circumstances: none
Room received: 8417

9 Likes

Resort: AKL
Class of Room: Standard view studio villa
Method used: TP email
Room Request: 5201
Additional Circumstances: booked via Priceline, wrote little note about how grateful we’d be.
Room received: 5201

Very convenient room, but construction started 3 days in. Was moved to a full savannah view room in the 53–‘s, so much further but much nicer view.

3 Likes