Please Post Your Room Request Results

Based on this quote above, I’m wondering if the room assignments are done onsite for some resorts, but by a separate team?

Len always refers to the “room assignment team.” I’m not sure if this is central or certain people at various resorts who are not part of the normal front desk staff.

2 Likes

True. I guess the “central” part was assumption on my part. Could be, or might not be.

2 Likes

I may be wrong but I think for years it was onsite staff at each resort, in the back room. I thought it changed to one group, not resort based. There was a shift from “going to the office to check” to picking up the phone by CMs at the front desk.

7 Likes

That makes sense. @tl5 didn’t mention when their trip was, so it could have before the change to a centralized team.

3 Likes

Kidani room is ready! I checked in while on the plane, so within the past hour or so? Still on the plane for another two hours, and it’s not even 1pm yet.

I will post more after we are done actually using the room, but I think they got close!

5 Likes

Oh nooooooo. Just saw this. We’re at about a 70% win rate on our requests through you for our trips. I only go once or twice a year so not a huge date pool but still, the room request feature and the Lines app are the 2 reasons I have TP. I don’t have much time to read or participate here sadly. Saw this in the summary email and had to come check it out.

I wonder if TAs will be still able to put in room requests for clients through our ear-marked line. My clients are probably about 50/50 on getting those but the MDE room request options are practically useless. Very very general. I also wonder about DVC Member Services. My personal stays are DVC but I always use you guys because I’ve had such good luck through the years. But I know you can ask MS for room requests. Hmm. Seems like it would all have to go away if they are streamlining or AI-ing the room assignment task. AI is not actual AI and wish businesses would quit assigning it everything. Ugh.

4 Likes

Disne said they’ll process the requests we’ve sent. And yours was already in their system way before we got this note. So you should be fine. Let us know where you end up, please!

4 Likes

IIRC it was independent teams, then they got consolidated. I think around the time Gran Destino opened, give or take.

3 Likes

I haven’t heard about TA requests going away. And I think DVC Member Services will still handle those. It’s the general public that’s the bigger question.

7 Likes

Thank you for letting me know!

2 Likes

I believe it’s the same problem! And it’s known as the “classroom assignment problem” in the literature!

5 Likes

@len it is being posted on chat that there is definitely going to be an upgrade to MDE for room requests. Is that definite?

3 Likes

I haven’t heard anything specific. It would not surprise me if they did. I think the popularity of the Room Finder has shown WDW that (1) people really like making specific room requests; (2) it’s feasible for Disney to fulfill it; and (3) they can make money doing so.

We’re kicking the tires on a couple of ways to bring back the automated room requests. I expect we’ll have something ready soon to test.

9 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

I think this is a really bad idea @len , even if DVC say yes.

DVC have just tightened the rental policy. And one of the criteria that can get a member “noticed” is regular engagement with rental companies. Quite how they would detect that is not clear - they can’t unless you rent out a lot of confirmed reservations

From an owner’s perspective, having emails being sent from a rental company just highlights that you’re using them. As a member I would be furious if the rental company contacted DVC without my consent about a reservation I made through them.

3 Likes

Len mentioned some time ago I think that the reservation teams for each resort were centralised. It might be that they do have teams that deal with groups of resorts, but it isn’t done by a dedicated resort team anymore.

2 Likes

Unless they change MDE to a) be more resort specific - to avoid the howlers like “Savannah view” at SSR and b) allow some free form entry, they will have to allow some room requests to be made through a CM / chat.

Things like “travelling with” requests will still be needed.

1 Like

Ahhh, okay. Didn’t know that. Thank you!

What if we told the TP user “send this email to the DVC member” instead?

3 Likes

I’m not sure if the rental company gives out the contact information.

Pretty sure all requests like dining plan, new guests, room requests etc have to go through the broker.

Which would mean the renters had no way to know for sure that the owner actioned it.

4 Likes

I just called to make a room request and the lady I spoke with said that they were unable to assist because I had booked through a third party (Undercover Tourist) and advised that I would need to reach out to UT to assist with making a room request. My guess is that is something UT does not do. But more to the point, I had a pending room request with TP that got sent out with all the others around the middle of this month. Should I assume that request will also be discarded by Disney once they check the reservation # and see that it wasn’t a direct booking?

2 Likes