Please Post Your Room Request Results

I had requested the studio in that same ‘node’ when I stayed there and got the studio opposite the one I requested overlooking the sunset savanna. It was a pretty great room location and I agree I cannot imagine being at the end of that very long hall.

3 Likes

Beautiful view

1 Like

This (and the lack of a QS) is exactly why I don’t stay at Kidani. The first time we stayed there we were legit alllll the way at the end. The villas are definitely bigger than at Jambo, but that walk is killer when you’re tired or when you need to pee.

1 Like

Checked in to FW yesterday and got my exact requested cabin 2241.

8 Likes

**Resort: Coronado Springs Resort- Gran Destino Tower
Room Type: 2 Queen Water View
Method: TP
Requested: 9410: I wanted a high floor and the right angle to see the MK fireworks. The left side of Gran Destino is angled to provide a solid view in that direction.

Result: 818

This room was perfect. It was the first room down the hallway after exiting the elevator bank area. The only two doors between it were the ice machine/vending and I think maybe a stairwell or service door. No noise issues at all and the convenience to the elevator was great. 8th floor was high enough to view the fireworks perfectly. So, thank you TP and Disney! Great replacement for my request. They definitely took into account the tp request. I only use this method for our trips and do not make any requests through WDW booking. I know this has been discussed and maybe that can create some confusion for the room assignors. Both times I have stayed in the tower, the front desk CM went above and beyond to call an assignor and work to get things I wanted. And this was with a simple request and no pressure at all from me.

11 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like
  • Resort: Campsites at Fort Wilderness
  • Class of room booked: Premium Campsite
  • Method used: TP
  • Room requested: 867
  • Result: 1321

This site was just eh. Very close to the pool so loud during the day (and night as they leave background music playing 24/7), minimal shade, and quite a distance from the comfort station. It was a nice location within the overall resort, however would not want to stay at this site again.

6 Likes
  • Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
  • Class of room booked: Preferred
  • Method used: TP
  • Room Requested: 1425
  • Result: 1455

On the 2nd floor vs. the 1st, but overall very close to what I requested. My parents liked the close proximity to the lobby and food court.

4 Likes

Question about on-line check-in:
I put in a room request for our upcoming trip, but have not had great luck with it on our past few trips. Does doing online check-in improve my chances of getting a room that I want, or is it better to wait and check in in person? If it is better to check in online, can I still pay the balance at the resort with gift cards? I have talked to 3 CMs on the phone now who cannot answer that question for me. :roll_eyes:
I cannot remember, but I think they just reverse the CC charge and then apply the gift cards.

I always have much better luck getting the exact room I want when I check in with a human. Every time I just submit a room request and then check in online, I’m stuck with something totally random (especially if my arrival time is earlier than normal check in time).

1 Like

The room assigners are always at a central location. If you check in at the resort and the assigners have randomly assigned you a room you hate, the process to change that would still be the same? Either you contact them (if there is that option in your text from your in-line check in) or the front desk calls them?

2 Likes

I always check in online well in advance. I have almost always gotten my room requests met. I request specific buildings at Pop vs specific rooms.

4 Likes

You are one of the first people I have seen actually staying at a campsite! Did you rent an RV, camp in a tent, or something else?

2 Likes
  • Resort: Pop Century
  • Class of room booked: Standard
  • Method used: TP/Disney Online check in
  • Room Requested: 4160 to 4155 and similar room on building 5
  • Result: 5129

Main goal to be close to the Skyliner. And on the first floor. That was the only request I made with online check in- ground floor. Then when I saw that the rooms on the back of the 60s buildings were standard I rooms I was very happy. With the way things did not quite go to plan I am super glad I ended up where I was. Very happy with a quiet room on the back of the central building. I liked it much better than our preferred pool view room last year.

8 Likes

We actually own our own camper and drove it down from NC. We’ve had a camper since 2016 and this is our 2nd one (outgrew the first one). For a campground, Disney is pretty darn nice, but of course, also very expensive. I wish it wasn’t 10 hours away because my DH always talks about how much he enjoys camping at FW!

10 Likes

That’s awesome! It’s expensive compared to camping but a great way to get Disney benefits for relatively cheap!

3 Likes

Just checked in at BLT. Paid for Lake View. Requested Room 8427. Got Room 8434. Looking at a tank of dirty water. I can’t believe this room is considered Lake View. No other 1BR’s available for tonight. Not happy. :cry:

2 Likes

Is it 3 doors down from your request?

2 Likes

Are you sure you have the room number right? 8434 very high up and is overlooking the lake and backside of CR and its pools. That’s actually the bank of rooms I prefer for a lake view bc you can see the sunrise and Electrical Water Pageant at night.

Oh and you can see Epcot and their fireworks with that view too.

2 Likes

I don’t understand. Are you saying that they drained the lake? Or there is an issue with your room?

TP says this is supposed to be the view.

4 Likes