Please Post Your Room Request Results

So the only option to request anything that I see for Disney online check in is either a high floor or low floor. I chose high floor because my TP request included a 3rd floor request.

Should I not have used online check in?

You can (and should) still use online check-in, but just don’t fill in any request items.

2 Likes

There was an option to choose Cabanas, which I did. The exact room was less important to me.

1 Like

Resort: Art of Animation
Class of Room Booked: Nemo Family Suites
Method: TP
Room Requested: Building 5, 5813
Additional Circumstances: We are celebrating our 32nd anniversary with a split-stay; here and then AKL. We said that we’d love a room with a nice view of the resort or the lake, and would love a higher floor.
Result: Building 5, 5704 View of Hourglass Lake and the gondolas.

Gorgeous view, quiet room, perfect stay.

2 Likes

Sounds like the answer the desk gave you was not accurate, to put it nicely. They should have put you in a cabana either way. Glad you got it in the end!

I feel like the length of stay does play the role. It would be interesting to see if there is correlation between number of nights at the resort and room request success rate.

I hope it wasn’t said exactly like that because that’s rude!

1 Like

Maybe they have heard they are 4/4 for not giving you a request and dont’ want to ruin their streak?? :wink:

Seriously, it’s just a request, no guarantees and depends a lot on time of year, hotel, and class of room. For instance the person up above who got the exact tower room they requested? Super cool right? But no huge feat really because there aren’t that many rooms.

anyway, keep on trying and one of these times you’ll get it!

4 Likes

Poly standard dvc studio booked on rented points. Requested tokelau 3904, got 1909

1 Like
  • Resort: Pop Century
  • Class of room booked: Preferred room
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) TP fax and online checkin
  • Room requested: Requested 3431 via TP fax. (I wasn’t aware I could be more general, I thought I needed to request a specific room) Asked for Top floor and 50’s with online checking which matched the room request
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request)
  • Result: 4223

It was a very nice room, but it was on the 2nd floor of 60’s. I don’t hate 60’s so that was fine, but really prefer to be up top. We had noise overhead several times during out 4 night stay.

1 Like
  • Resort: AKL - Jambo
  • Class of room booked: DVC Savanna-view studio (rented points)
  • Method used: TP fax
  • Room requested: 5241, but specified that our goal for the trip was to spend breakfast and sunset time on the deck to enjoy the animals so I asked that they pick the best room for that purpose.
  • Additional circumstances: We were celebrating our 32nd anniversary on this trip.
  • Result: 5511

Opposite side of our request, and the perfect room for the purpose we had named. We never got full sun on the balcony, so were able to enjoy it at both breakfast and sunset.

2 Likes
  • Class of room booked: Standard Room
  • Method used: Touring Plans
  • Room requested: 3216 but requesting any standard view room with a partial savannah view
  • Result: 3273

Not the exact room I requested but a really great room! Freshly refurbished and gleaming! Very nice view of animals and a watering hole.

3 Likes
  • Resort: Beach Club Resort
  • Class of room booked: Club Level Garden View with 2 Queens
  • Room requested: 5636 and mentioned hoping for a view towards Epcot.
  • Result: 5627

Down the hall from our requested room with a view in the opposite direction. However, still a great room! Located steps from Stone Harbor Lounge, concierge desk and elevators. Very quiet room.

3 Likes
  • Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
  • Class of room booked: Standard View 5th Sleeper
  • Room requested: 3733
  • Result: 3733

We got the room we requested and it was fantastic. Very quiet, very close to the bus pickup. Thank you!

4 Likes

Almost forgot the last one from our trip! :grinning:

• Class of room booked: Club Level Savannah View - 2 Queens
  • Room requested: 4307 - This room is on the Kudu Trail. I really wanted the Zebra Trail but at the time the Zebra Trail rooms were being refurbished and I wasn’t sure we would get a new room. I mentioned that we wanted a refurbished room.
  • Result: 4513

The room we got was on the Zebra Trail and just a few doors down from a room I’d been wanting to request before the construction started. The room we got was newly renovated and just lovely! A beautiful expansive view of the savannah! I was thrilled!

4 Likes

[quote=“rpumpire, post:301, topic:58625”]

Resort : Riviera Resort (Mar. 2020)

Class of room booked : Tower Studio
Method: TP Fax Request
Room requested : 8821
Additional Circumstances :
Result: 8721. I asked for the middle of the three Tower Studios on the top floor. I got the middle room one floor below. Absolute success! This room affords views of all three parks’ fireworks!

You may recall that I was 0-for-4 on my requests in recent years (including twice in the last two months). This big WIN makes me 1-for-5!

6 Likes
  • Resort: POFQ
  • Class of room booked: Garden
  • Room requested: 5235/5236 (connecting rooms)
  • Result: 5235/5236
3 Likes

I would have had another result to report today, as I was due to begin a second back-to-back reservation – this time at Beach Club. But, I cancelled and flew home.

• Poly
  • Standard View Villa
  • Note on reservation and TP room request
  • Requested 3914 or similar view 3rd floor Tokelau
  • Added 25th anniversary trip and best view possible please
  • Received Tokelau 2920. Opposite side of what was requested and 2nd floor not 3rd.
4 Likes

Resort : POR
Class of room booked : Royal Room Pool View
Method: TP Fax Request
Room requested : I specifically asked for a room between 9078-9082
Result: We received 9079 which was exactly in between my requested room number!

Previous 2 trips at POFQ
TP Fax requested.
Requested specific building
Result: Always put in building we requested. Once upgraded from a Standard view to Garden view!

4 Likes