Please Post Your Room Request Results

Resort: Caribbean Beach Resort
Class of Room Booked: Water View
Method: TP email request
Room Requested: 5541 (Aruba)
Result: Received 5542! Great room location, right next to Riviera Skyliner Station

10 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Just curious as I have CBR booked for March but is there a reason to request being close to the Riviera skyliner over the main one. I have water view booked and your location looks fantastic.

Resort: OKW
Class of room: 3Br Grand Villa
Method: TP email
Room Requested: Bldg 63 (needed wheelchair accessibility)

Result: Stopped by the resort early in the morning to drop off bags, and checked with the front desk about the room assignment. He told us that we had already been assigned to a Villa that was on the 2nd floor in a building with no elevator. I explained that we needed to be able to get to the room with a wheelchair. He made a call and got us squared away.

1 Like

@looking_for_sunshine
I don’t think there is a reason other than preference. For me and DH, we weren’t going to use the Pool and I liked the idea of having easy access to the Riviera QS (we like their selection better than CBR QS options). Plus, I love the Riviera and the views of the Skyliner :slight_smile:

One thing to note is The Riviera Skyliner station is direct to EPCOT, if you plan to go to HS for park open, I would use the main CBR Skyliner station instead. If you get on at Riviera, you will have to get off and back on at the CBR station and the lines will be long so it is better to walk to the CBR station and wait there for park open to HS.

3 Likes

That’s super helpful info! Thank you! Being close to Riviera for food isn’t even something I thought of. :smiley:

Resort: Jambo House
Class of room: 3Br Grand Villa Savanna View
Method: TP email
Room Requested: room 5284, with a note asking for a Sunset sSavanna view.

We were originally placed in 5394, which is not a true savanna view and should not be sold as such. It overlooks the tree line with just a small area of grass (like, my sister’s backyard is bigger) that was full of concrete and chain link fence everywhere you looked… it looks like backstage. If you look at the map it’s the one at the very end of Kudu Trail (looking straight off the end), and the maps don’t really even show a savanna out there. There were animals, but the view was straight up ugly and not at all like the savanna views we’ve ever had in the past.

I went to the desk and asked if we could be moved, because our only reason for booking here was for the view, since we planned on spending most of our time at the hotel. We were moved to 5564 in the morning, which is a different savanna than I wanted, but at least it’s an actual savanna.

4 Likes

Resort: Riviera
Class of room: standard deluxe studio
Method: TP email request
Room requested: 8829
Results: 8855

This is zoomed in (obviously but still great view!)

7 Likes
  • Resort: Beach Club Resort

• Class of room booked: Garden View

• Method used: Room Request via touringplans

• Room request: “a high floor, with a view of epcot and a large balcony"

• Additional circumstances: n/a

• Result: 4th floor, largest balcony I’ve ever seen (all the way across the entire side of the building) with a view of Epcot and the sounds of United Kingdom’s rock cover band. So a win

• Resort: Boardwalk Villas

• Class of room booked: Standard View Studio

• Method used: touringplans.com room request

• Room request: The far back side of the further building with a view of the tennis courts behind some trees very close to the back stairwell for a shortwalk to DHS on a high floor

• Additional circumstances: Rented points, still used room request through touringplans

• Result: got 3131 which was just one floor lower than I wanted and had the same view from one floor down.

• Resort: Treehouse Villas

• Class of room booked: Treehouse

• Room request: I requested a specific one that was near the boat dock and with a water view.

• Additional circumstances: Rented points, still used room request through touringplans

• Result: got the exact one I asked for

• Resort: Boardwalk Inn

• Class of room booked: Club Level Deluxe Room that sleeps 6

• Room request: There aren’t many of these and they all have the same view really of the boardwalk. I asked for a high floor and got the top floor which I think was the 4th.

• Result: got what I asked for

2 Likes

I forgot BLT which I wanted to be on the outside and I didn’t get that one but it was still a great view and a high floor but I didn’t want to have other people looking at me on the balcony. So that was the only half of what I asked for I didn’t get. I was second to top floor.

• Resort: Boardwalk Villas
  • Class of room:Deluxe Studio
  • Method used: Room Request via TP
  • Room requested: 4050 (for view of ToT and Luna pool)
  • Result: 4065 - opposite side of building to what we requested. We had a nice view of Beach & Yacht Clubs and Cresent Lake though. We were happy with our room. It was adjacent to the stairwell and the elevator lobby so it was convenient and also surprisingly quiet for the location.
1 Like

Resort: Pop
Class of Room: Standard
Method Used: Room Request via TP
Room Requested: 4457
Result: 2249, very far away from everything except the parking lot which was good since we had a car. Also requested the top floor and this room was obviously not and it was pretty loud at night. Was close to elevator also but we never really heard that noise.

1 Like

Resort: Contemporary
Class of Room: Theme Park View
Room Requested: 4636
Result: 4635
We had asked for a king bed, and did not get one, but we also asked to be on a higher floor close to the elevator bc we had a child in a wheelchair, and we literally got the room next to the one we asked for, so I consider it to be a successful request.

4 Likes
  • Resort: Contemporary
    11/8/20
  • Class of room booked: Garden Wing
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) TP
  • Room requested: 5106
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) Added note to be as close to tower as possible
  • Result: Upgrade to 4209 6th floor tower bay view
3 Likes
  • Resort: Yacht Club
    11/11/20
  • Class of room booked: Garden View
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) TP
  • Room requested: 1152
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) Added note gazebo view request away from outdoor dog area
  • Result: 3024 no gazebo view, true woods view. I stopped at desk once I received the room # text and asked if I could be switched to more of a garden view room with view of gazebo. Was moved to 2079 which was perfect! Was considered a garden view but could see the water clearly. Loved it!
2 Likes
  • Resort: Coronado Springs
    1/15/21
  • Class of room booked: Standard view - 2 Queen
  • Room requested: 8221
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) none
  • Result: 8872 - Even though I was traveling alone I booked a 2 queen room due to it being less expensive than a king room. I was given a king room at check in though which was nice. Location was good. When I made my request, I really didn’t even know what I was looking for. I had never stayed at CS before. I was happy with the room I was given. The only “complaints” would be that it would have been nice to be closer to the main pool because the weather was chilly and I ended up not using the hot tub as much as I hoped because I had to walk too far in the cold. The other downside of that room is that it is right next to the gate where a lot of the utility vehicles and maintenance carts come in and out so it was a bit noisy at times…and the one morning when the dumpsters were emptied. Otherwise very convenient to the bus and Grand Torino. Nice to be near the beach area and hammocks as well.
4 Likes

Resort: Polynesian Village Resort
Class of room booked: Deluxe Studio Villa
Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): Fax Request only
Room requested: Pago Pago Room 3125
Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) Construction and Covid related long house closures may have limited rooms available
Result: Tokelau 1919

Resort: Coronado Springs Resort
Class of room booked: Standard view with 2 queen beds
Method used: Fax Request through TP
Room Requested: 8145
Additional Circumstances: None
Result: 8157
I wanted to be near the Dig Site pool. The room I received was in the same area and just as close to the pool as the room I requested.

Resort: Jambo House (DVC)
Class of room booked: Value Studio
Room Requested: 5124
Result: 5112
I wanted an Ostrich Trail, savanna side room and that is what I received.

Resort: Boardwalk Villas
Class of room booked: Standard View Studio
Room Requested: 2070
Result: 1097
I would have preferred a second floor room, but not really an issue. Other than a different floor, the rooms are not too far from each other.

4 Likes

Contemporary Resort
Park View
Fax Request
Requested 4747
Result 4737 (Great room, no complaints)

4 Likes
  • Resort: CBR
    2/5/21
  • Class of room booked: preferred
  • Room requested: 2525
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) Added note bldg 25 1st floor corner room With nice view
  • Result: 2620 wrong building but 1st floor corner decent view. We were happy with the location.
3 Likes