Please Post Your Room Request Results

Resort: Polynesian
Class: Garden View
Room Requested: 3819 (and others like it) Also requested no connecting room.
Room result: 3822

It was so nice to be close to the Ceremonial House! We did get a connecting room, but the noise wasn’t too bad.

3 Likes

april8986: would this have been in the Rarotonga Longhouse? Thanks

1 Like

Just got back from a stay at AKL Jambo. Requested a room in the 4200’s as a standard and noted that I wanted a refurbished room above all else. Ended up with room 1024, not refurbished, had bunk beds even though I booked a two queen room. I wasn’t happy, but they were unable to move me. Big room request fail!

1 Like

Yes, it was Rarotonga Longhouse. We loved it!

1 Like

Resort : Boardwalk Inn
Class of room booked : Standard View, 2 Queens with Daybed
Method : TP Request
Room requested: 5276, wanted to see fireworks from balcony
Additional Circumstance: Online Check in, requested highest floor
Result: 5304, Garden View, it was an even better view of the fireworks, we could see them every night clearly. pretty amazing upgrade.

3 Likes

Resort: Coronado Springs Resort
Class of room booked: Standard View (Through MVT)
Method: TP Request
Room requested: 4344 (Or similar). Requested 2 queen beds on an upper floor, Casitas Building 4 near Transportation.
Other: Also submitted the request through MVT agent, and added “early check in”
Result: 4367

Every single request was made, AND we were upgraded to “water view”!! It was amazing!!! Room was ready at 9am when we arrived; couldn’t believe it. We loved being in Casitas 4; great location - first bus stop which meant we were first on and first off.

5 Likes

Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo
Class of room booked: Standard View
Room requested: 3328 (Or similar). Requested 2 queen beds on an upper floor. I noted we were here as a surprise one night stay for my son’s birthday.
Other:
Result: 3548

I forgot to take a picture (will do so tomorrow morning) and we’re poolside now. This room is awesome. It’s a savannah view (correction- not a savannah view but I can’t finish my coffee as I keep having to put it down to take pictures of the giraffes and antelopes outside the window) refurbished room. I’m tickled pink. My husband asked if it was what we paid for. Ha ha ha. No! Very nice upgrade (correction not an upgrade but I highly recommend this room) to the standard on I’d booked. Thanks TP!

Edited for corrections, to add pictures, and to note it is a connecting room. Didn’t hear much if any noise from the connecting room.

image image

4 Likes

I think as an even number it is a standard view? Although I am sure the view is amazing!

1 Like

Resort: Boulder Ridge Villas
Class of room booked: One Bedroom
Room requested: 1504 or similar first floor room, close to
main WL building
Other:
Result: 1504

Notes: Excellent location for family with strollers. Close to lobby and bus stop, short walk to Geyser Point and Roaring Fork for food. Close to waking paths but didn’t have problems with noise (although electric water pagent music on speakers was a bit loud). Corner room with two little patios.

Resort: Bay Lake Tower
Class of room booked: Lake View Studio
Room requested: 7814 or any similar room with a partial view of MK that still qualified as lake view.
Other:
Result: 8208, which fit the description of the request

Notes: MK view was to the left of room as shown below and direct view was of Lake. Great for the room category.

Excellent results! Thanks to TP!!

6 Likes

Split stay at CBR & BW

Resort: Caribbean Beach Resort
Class of room booked: Standard View
Room requested: 4556 was specific room, but wrote a note saying we’d be happy with buildings 44 or 45 in Jamaica, top floor
Other: 2 rooms, requested they be close to one another but no need for connecting doors
Result: Can’t remember exactly, ground floor in Aruba facing parking lot, basically as far away from the main hall as one can be. Went to Front Desk and one room was upgraded to water view in building 44, 2nd room was around the corner, same floor.

Resort: Boardwalk
Class of room booked: Garden View
Room requested: 4277 - really wanted this room for the larger balcony as my 76 yo mom loves sitting on the balcony in the morning to do her daily devotions and the normal balconies are a bit narrow, otherwise requested facing village green. Requested again that second room be close by, not necessary to be connecting
Other:
Result: 2270/2268 (connecting rooms) – initially I was so disappointed because it was facing the opposite side of the building and had one of the narrow balconies. Front desk couldn’t move us as they were fully booked. However, we came to appreciate the convenient location of the room, and the quietness of the back garden.

This was our third try with TP request, so far we’ve had far better luck going to front desk.

1 Like

Resort: Art of Animation
Class of room booked: Preferred Room - Nemo
Room requested: 4825 (Or similar).
Other: I think I requested a renovated, corner room on an upper floor.
Result: 5725 (third floor in Building 5) but faced away from the Skyliner (and the pool). Was renovated.

This was the room for our park touring days so the view of the Skyliner would have been nice to have but not needed. It was far more important to be an upper floor, corner room. I found these rooms to be very well insulated. I was worried about the laminate flooring making the rooms as noisy as what we’d encountered at ASMo. Nope, nice and quiet. It was nice to have the stairs right outside our door too although the elevators were super fast.

1 Like

I can never remember the text of my request and can never seem to find it. So I’m making a placeholder post and will update after my trip!

Resort: Art of Animation
Class of Room Booked: Standard Little Mermaid
Room requested: 7813
Other: “If possible, I would love to be assigned to room 7813. I most prefer a top-floor room in building 7 facing Hourglass Lake. I have a strong preference for a room on the end (7813 or 7860) but would be quite happy with any room from 7813-7820 or from 7854-7860. Thank you for your consideration.”

Result: TBA!

3 Likes
  • Resort AKL Jambo
  • Class of room booked 1 BR DVC Kilimanjaro Club
  • Method used TP email
  • Room requested. 6208 (Savannah view)
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request). limited Club rooms available in general
  • Result. 6202 (Savannah view)
1 Like

Quick Question - Can’t Find an answer for. I have done the room request and am actually staying in 2 different resorts (Fort Wilderness and Kidani). We leave in less than 2 weeks and have not received a room in either yet.
Should I be concerned?
Is this normal?
Am I being impatient?
Thank you

Rooms are assigned in advance, but you won’t receive your room number until the day of your check in when the room is ready.

3 Likes

Faxed room requests are sent 30 days ahead but your room will be revealed to you on check-in day. No worries!!

1 Like

Thank you very much, that helps

Thank you very much that definitely helps

• Resort: Port Orleans - Riverside

• Class of room booked: Two Standard View with Darren Wittko (travel agent) and One River View without an agent

We ended up canceling the River View after sending the fax, so that may have changed things

• Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.)

Touring Plans Faxed

• Room requested; The mansions have standard view rooms that are on the river side - they look at electrical boxes or staircases, etc. We requested two of those and a normal river view in the mansion.

• Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): We played up the “baby’s first Disney trip and a 4 generational trip” card… but we ended up canceling a room when someone got sick (he’s fine)

• Result: We were in the mansions, but we were over by the North Depot facing the parking lot. I was surprised that my wife (first time going together) preferred the look of the bayou over the mansions - I disagree but I hated the walking.

Next time, I might get a pirate themed room as those are in the two mansions closest to the lobby. Our son will be old enough to care at that point.

All in all - it was great. Darren Wittko is incredible and life wouldn’t be the same without Touring Plans.

1 Like

Resort: POP Century
Class of Room Booked: Standard
Room Requested: In the text I asked for Building 6 of the 70’s section, 1st or 2nd floor, close to transportation and Classic Hall, asked for a range of rooms in that area
*Booked two rooms. One for me, DH, DS, DD and other room for DS23, each with the same room request info submitted via TP email

Additional circumstances: Also in the text, I asked that both rooms be in the same building. My TA made a request that rooms be in the same building as well. I think she asked that they be next to each other but not connecting.
Result: Assigned rooms 4457 and 4456 in the 60’s Section. Both rooms met my request for “*close to transportation and Classic Hall" and "both rooms in the same building” which were the most important to me. Rooms faced the lake and could not have been more than a 60-90 second walk to the Skyliner which was perfect since we used it five of the seven days we were there. Rooms were also a short walk to Classic Hall for morning coffee. I feel like my request was met. These rooms were actually closer to the Skyliner than the range of rooms I had requested. Looking at the room descriptions on TP, these rooms were the same distance/time from Classic Hall and transportations as the rooms I had requested.

Room request success for me. Thanks TP!

4 Likes