Please Post Your Room Request Results

If you got 2379, that is listed as Savanna View on Arusha. Nice upgrade!!

Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Class: Nature View w/Bunk Beds (booked before they started offerng “fireworks view” class
Method Used: TP Fax with note added talking about how we have stayed at WL many times but this is the first time with our kids and how delighted they would be
Requested: 5064 (highest room with traditional balcony, facing MK and fireworks)
Received: 6024 – the balcony had walls instead of a railing, but that was OK with us. FAN.TAS.TIC view. We could see the fireworks, the electric light parade, and all the monorail/boat activity. It was a dream!!

5 Likes

Photo??

Resort: POFQ
View: river view
Requested: 5321 and 5322
Gave building 5 as first choice, building 6 as second choice (rooms 6340 and 6339)
Got 6235 and 6236
Special requests: connecting doors.

So, I got my second choice of building, with the most important request, connecting doors. Very pleased with the room assignments.

3 Likes

Last spring we got our room request, it was FABULOUS! (Coronado Springs 8140) Thank you for this service!! This most recent trip not only did we not get our room request but I was forced to stand in that awful check-in line, even though I had checked in online after making the reservation 6 months ago. The fellow was great in helping out, but still disappointing because I love just walking straight to my room. TP faxed the request to Pop Century; bldg 4000. We stayed in 6126 which was close to Skyliner & buses; very good location for standard room. However, I won’t ever stay at P.C. again and canceled our reservations there for next year due to the smallness of rooms and poor housekeeping (absent housekeeping). I sure do LOVE touringplans.com and all your ideas & support!!!

UPDATE: Most recent stay we requested a ground floor in Cabana’s at CS. Room wasn’t ready when we arrived at 4:30 so had to go to check -in. The young man started looking for the next available room and I asked for a map to show him exactly where I wanted to stay, thank you TP.com! He was a little taken back but we got Cabana’s 2nd floor viewing quiet pool near the laundry, and stairs to quickly go to bus stop 4. It was a corner room too. SWEET!

2 Likes
  • Resort: Saratoga Springs
  • Class of room booked: Standard 2-Bedroom
  • Method used: TP Email
  • Room requested: 5821 but basically anything in Paddock building 55 and upper floor if possible
  • Additional circumstances: Celebrating 1st, 4th and 67th birthdays!
  • Result: 5827… with caveat

So I had asked for anything in the Paddock building 55 so that we could be close to that pool. I didn’t put anything into MDE but I think I put that we were arriving at 3 or 4pm. (We were doing a full MK day that day.) So at 2:45 I got the text that my room was Carousel 7511 which was HUGELY disappointing. It’s about as far from everything as possible and on the first floor. My husband was trying to be optimistic saying maybe it was renovated, but I knew better!

So we got to the resort around 4:30 and I stopped at the front desk to see if there was anything else. The CM was extremely helpful. She definitely got that the first room wasn’t a great location and basically said I could have any room if I could wait until tomorrow, but there were 8 of us and I didn’t want to have to move. She looked on the computer and made a call and it turned out that basically my exact request, 5827, was available that day, but it wasn’t ready yet. I said I was more than happy to wait a bit. So she switched me there AND gave us a $75 credit for my “trouble.” We went to go hang by the pool but got the room ready text at 4:45!

After a little while I wonder if they had originally intended to assign me that room but when it didn’t look like it was going to be ready they gave us something else. My mom had been worried because she read reviews that the unrenovated rooms were “tired” but ours was fabulous. It felt relatively updated with very clean tile and granite counters, etc. We VERY much enjoyed it!

4 Likes
  • Resort: Pop Century
  • Class of room booked: Standard 2-queens
  • Method used: TP email
  • Room requested: 4456 - requested distant view of fireworks and close to Classic Hall
  • Result: 8359 - about as far as possible from Classic Hall and no fireworks view

We arrived around 9:30 pm and I was going to request a room change at desk, but there was a long line and my kids were tired. Decided to go see the room and when we got there realized how awful the location was. I called guest services from the room phone as soon as we walked in, and requested a room change which they accommodated over the phone! We moved to room 6446 which was great, reasonably close to Skyliner and classic hall. I would happily take that room again.

4 Likes

Pop Century
standard room
Request through touring plans
requested ground floor corner room non adjoining
3137, was a great room. Was please with location.

4 Likes

POP Century
Preferred Room
TP email request for room 4122; 4222 or 4322 as well
Also requested 60s buldings
Added note that we were excited to be coming for our 30th anniversary and that we were trying to make it as easy on DH as possible as he is still recovering from knee surgery 7 weeks before our trip.

We got Room 1329. This room is called preferred, but it is not close to anything. Yes, there are farther things. It was a fine room. We had a good time. We walked a lot, which was good for us. DH never looks for things to be easy so it was fine. I was just hoping to make it a little easier for him. We had a great time, and love the hotel.

3 Likes

Just got back from a great trip where we got exactly the room I requested!

• Wilderness Lodge - Copper Creek
  • Renting points via David’s
  • Two-bedroom villa
  • Used the TP fax request; didn’t put any requests in the MDE check-in. I wrote in my fax that it was our first time there and that we were so excited to see the geyser, and would love to have a view into the courtyard
  • Room requested: 5127
  • Room assigned: 5127
6 Likes

Was that room in the category you booked?

It was!

1 Like

Resort: POP November 12-16
Class of room booked: Standard
Method used: TP fax request, including a personal note
Room Requested: I requested a room in the 70s buildings on the 4th floor, like room 6445. I put in my note that I would love to have a room facing the lake if possible (wanted to be closer to the Skyliner).
Additional circumstances: None except the note, I guess. I also put in my note that I was excited to be back at POP, enjoyed my previous stay, and “thank you for considering my request”
Result: Got room 6445 - exact room I requested (even though I didn’t necessarily need that exact room). It was facing the lake but view was blocked by foliage (which was fine). Was happy with the result and doubt I will ever pay extra for a preferred room at POP!

2 Likes

Nice. That’s a corner room isn’t it. I’m requesting 2108 for my room.

Booked a standard room at pop. Requested 6422 and wrote a note about only needing one king bed for my wife’s bday trip. Really wanted 70s buildings and top floor is all. Got 6464 which is exact building we wanted. Close to skyliner and food court and buses

2 Likes

Resort: GDT
Class of room booked: Standard
Method used: TP fax request, including a personal note
Room Requested: I requested Room 905, and wrote a note with our specific wishes in order of preference. We were particularly hoping for a room on the 9th floor or higher, at or near the end of a hallway to minimize noise, and not with a connecting door - again hoping for quiet. I did say that we were going to be AP holders again after a break, and were looking forward to our first visit to that resort.
Result: Got room 733 - lower floor, directly across from the elevator and with a connecting door. Oh well - we still had a great time and love the Tower!

2 Likes

I got the exact room I requested. 4563 in Wilderness Lodge.

3 Likes

Resort: Bay Lake Tower
Class of Room Booked: 2 BR Lake View
Room Requested: 7802 (or similar on higher floor)
Result: Room 7802 as requested

This room was great. Could see the castle from one of the balconies. Great view of the fireworks from the main room.

4 Likes

Resort: Pop Century
Class: Standard View
Room requested: 6418, but noted the following priorities: 1. Connecting rooms, 2. Building 6, 3. Top floor for quiet, 4. Close to transportation
Result: 6470/6471

Our room is perfect. Building 6, top floor, connecting rooms. Right around corner from the elevator, short walk to main building. I love this room!

4 Likes

Resort: POR
Class: Pool View
Room Requested: 2534 (and others like it in the area), but noted the following priorities; 1) Alligator bayou, 2) Close to west depot, 3) Upper floor for quiet, 4) Corner room. I also mentioned how much we enjoyed our stay last time, how much we were looking forward to our return for the celebration of our daughter’s birthday and first WDW trip, and thanked them for their time.
Room result: 2463

It was so nice to be so close to the bus stop! I would have preferred a corner room, but we thought our room was lovely. We had such fun guessing how many lizards we’d see on the walls and ceilings on the way to our room. It became a nightly tradition, and my DH almost always won! :laughing:

4 Likes