Playing with touring plans seems useless

I’m going next week and the touring plans look reflective of current wait times. I did one with everything in AK (that’s open) - it has us “done” by 3:00pm. Reality is we’ll go on our favourites multiple times. I can’t wait for the short FoP wait …back in January we waited over 2 hours!! (First time I had ever done that- I was with first timers - we could not get FP+ so we waited)

1 Like

I see TP is showing some 2’s and 3’s on the crowd calendar for November. It has been pretty much all 1’s since reopening. That little jump can make a big difference in wait times. Keep in mind, a 3 in current conditions in not like a 3 pre-covid. You’ve got some attractions, shows, restaurants, shops, etc. closed when normally the crowds can disburse to these places. And of course, some attractions are not utilized to their full capacity, and also any extra time sanitizing periodiacally.

WDW and TP are probably betting that as time goes on, more and more people will be comfortable to travel and attendance may be close to “capacity” on a fairly regular basis. Unfortunately, I think the TP’s will end up pretty accurate.

This really gets me thinking, NOW is the time to officially launch the Virtual Queue system on a widespread basis. C’ mon WDW!!

I don’t think the crowd calendar has been updated past the end of the month ?

2 Likes

September “2021”

You are right! A couple of weeks ago it was just a month!

I do think the recent dates are really reflecting the parks and I would use them.

1 Like

Yep! We’ve been keeping track of this and discussing in other threads. See also recent posts from:

Right, but those updates have always come repeatedly before a trip months ahead of time. I didn’t think the crowd calendar was updated that far out but I guess I ignored the email I got about my April trip. There is no way I would pay attention to the crowd calendar this far out anyways, but that is me.

Well, it absolutely had to be done. It’s a guess, but still way more believable than the old old numbers that were previously viewable. They seem pretty realistic to me. (The first 6 months anyway)

Most of my trips I have received multiple updates before my trip. Many people get very angry when low numbers increase in these updates. If you have a good plan, those numbers are not a concern. Once again, just my personal opinion.

2 Likes

Correct
This update basically cut numbers in half for the next twelve months. Are you thinking TP will increase them weeks before someone’s trip? TP maybe OVER adjusted?

They always change before a trip, some up and some down. It doesn’t matter when you go.

Agree. My point was that the 12 month crowd calendar seems way more accurate than what had been posted (normal condition #'s)

I know many people with booked trips were very relieved the other day! (Including me)

So you asked will TP change them weeks before someone’s trip and my answer is yes, they always do. Did they overadjust? They’re basing it on current information. If things change, then they will change. You can be relieved now but if Disney opens to full capacity and people flock back, numbers will go up. We had really good CLs predicted for our last trip, they looked realistic, and they snuck up closer to the time. They often do.

2 Likes

Yep it’s definitely a predictions based on current conditions. The strange thing is HS hit the current capacity limit this weekend but only showed as a “1”.

And the wait times were not bad at all on September 5:

Hard to believe that Christmas time will be a “3”. But of course that capacity limit is the reason why, I guess. And I doubt that limit will increase substantially any time soon.

There is no way TP can predict if/when international travel will be allowed, the economy, or vaccine timeline.

2 Likes

According to wait times last week for EP and AK, average wait times were about 50% shorter on weekdays. At least for the sum total for all the rides I was interested in riding. That’s a significant difference. Those are the only two parks I checked, so I can’t vouch for HS or MK

1 Like

All 1s and 2s for my stay.

1 Like

When is your stay? I was just listening to Disney Dish and I swear Len said he expected September into October to get busier.

I’ll be in parks 11/14-11/20

Yes, this is why Ive set a TP but know is just a loose list of what I want to do and know when I get to Disney, I need to be flexible. There is no data that exists IMO that predict whats going to happen a few months from now. A few months back Disney way just starting to reopen.

2 Likes