Planning a Late Sept 2027 - 2+ week Spain Trip - Insight? Must Dos?

I really like AI for this kind of trip planning. I put what I loved most about recent trips (like small boutique hotel off the beaten path in Amalfi near Atrani over the touristy spots) and how much I like water/nature/art/architecture and Gaudi/Picasso and that I’m Jewish and love medieval villages and it made this for me:
Spain Ideal Itinerary - Google Docs

Anything I’m missing? I have to research restaurants but lmk if you have anything else you think I should do with 2+ weeks in Barcelona and Costa Brava. I have a year to plan which is how I like it so I get what I want! LOL

1 Like

Also if AI is gonna kill us all, I’m gonna use it to have some bucket list trips before it’s all over! :wink:

This sounds like a really cool trip. I did not know about the Jewish connections in Girona, but now I’m going to have to add Girona to my own Spain itinerary! I think that building travel itineraries is a great use of AI! Personally, if I had the time, I’d add a stop in Bilbao and end the trip with San Sebastian.

1 Like

A prettier, simpler one to read: Spain_2027_Shareable_Itinerary - Google Docs

1 Like

They look lovely, I will probably have to go back which is A-OK with me. :slight_smile:

I love Barcelona! It’s been a while since I’ve done the Gaudi sights, so I’m sure what AI says is more up to date than I am, but two quick tips:

  • If you go to Girona, El Celler de Can Roca is meant to be incredible (though sadly I have never been). Voted best restaurant in the world several times (meaning it’s now in the “best of the best” list and no longer competes in the ranking). Legendary among foodies. Very difficult reservations to get, would check now if this interests you at all.
  • La Rambla is lovely but also notorious as being one of Europe’s top pickpocketing spots. I have SO many stories of friends being pickpocketed, including a narrow miss within my own group (my brother-in-law barely avoided a pickpocketing after a guy deliberately bumped into him and tried to grab his wallet). Some people even say their phones get snatched off of cafe tables, which is really rare in Europe. I hope things have improved since I last visited, but just beware.

When is your trip? Spain gets HOT in the summer months, so if you can swing shoulder season of the summer holidays, it would be much more comfortable. ETA: I can see from the title it’s late September - that’s perfect!

Enjoy the planning!

2 Likes

Thank you, I hadn’t dived into restaurants yet but am a foodie. I will wait till flights come out and then from that I can start booking restaurants. Apparently on some days the flights are different than others and I want a particular flight home that’s later PM and goes thru Chicago instead of DC I think it was so I can sleep!

1 Like

Put in both the short and long docs on last Girona night!

1 Like

and added a caution to be weary here. I have a bandolier so I’ll just put it inside my shirt/dress here. It has the magnetic and clip wallet for the back and that’s all I carry criss-cross around my body in the front wallet side down for active days out like music festivals and theme parks because I cannot tell you how many times I left a cell phone on a toilet paper dispenser in a bathroom (including in Moaning Myrtles). But I’ll put inside clothes here as an extra precaution

This is what I have:

2 Likes