Picnic on Tom Sawyer Island

looks like Aunt Pollys is very seasonal. Can you get food to go at places like CHH and schlep it over to TS island? Really looking for totally different experiences for October trip…stuff we have never done and are relaxing along with 50,000 of my closest friends :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think Aunt Pollys has opened for years.

But you could bring stuff over for sure.

thanks…Apparently it was open this week due to large Spring break crowds…not that the menu appeals to me. it would be great to take food from Columbia Harbor House over there

Yes, Aunt Polly’s has opened occasionally over the years. It’s a real shame that they can’t work out how to solve the problems stopping it open. It would be such a great place for a bakery type QS.

2 Likes

agreed

I remember Aunt Polly’s being open back in the 70s and 80s (if I remember I got ice cream there “way back”), but I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen it open; I actually thought it was permanently closed. You could certainly carry food over - but there’re not a lot of places to sit down and eat.

1 Like

Here’s a cool video of Steve Porter (from Dis Unplugged) and his wife doing a review of the food from Aunt Polly’s. This was last week. And the food looks great to me!

2 Likes