Picking the right Universal AP

So not buying merch keeps your legs from getting fatty? :thinking: :laughing:

3 Likes

I had to line these up to see what changed. The top image (old prices) only lists prices for 2-park passes. Looks like the Seasonal and Power Pass prices stayed the same, while the Preferred and Premier went up considerably. That actually makes me feel a little better, because I just renewed my 3-park Seasonal pass today and would have felt bad if I had missed out on renewing before a price increase by mere days.

1 Like

Yes, I only look at 2 park. I had a 3 park in the past but it is not something I will do again.

The old passes still show on up in my browser but I doubled checked today and the payment page confirms those lower level did not go up.

1 Like

Food choice very from person to person. I do very little quick service and more table service to sit down and take a break. To compare: At WDW we generally eat in Epcot at one of the countries. We do do quick service such as Columbia Habor house, Summerfest in the Land and ABC commissary. Quick service pricing is about the same pricing as Universal but admittedly the table service is twice the cost. Now we eat at Margaritaville, Toothsome’s Chocolate Factory, Hard Rock on Citywalk, and the place that has a piano bar, I forget the name. We also have eaten at Leaky Cauldron and the Three Broomsticks which are way over rated and too much money in my opinion. Most of these sit down restaurant are basis burger joints as well as pasta. Everyone as stated has their own thoughts on the matter but this is what we feel.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if comes out less expensive if you buy the current promo tickets (3 day ticket plus 2 days free), and then upgrade your tickets to a seasonal pass in the park, or does Universal only give you a credit for whatever you paid for your tickets? Does it matter if you buy the promo tickets direct vs Undercover Tourist or another ticket broker with the goal of upgrading them to AP’s? Just trying to get the best discount I can for 4 seasonal passes.

1 Like

You will get a credit, for any unused dates, based on price of the ticket to use towards your AP

If you booked your ticket through a third-party seller, upgrading may be a little more complicated.

Your first course of action should be to contact a service representative from wherever you purchased the tickets and ask to upgrade. Or, if your ticket is fully refundable, another option is to cancel your current base ticket and rebook.

If your ticket is non-refundable and it’s not possible to upgrade in advance from the reseller, you may be able to do it upon your arrival at the resort.

1 Like

For my family that often stays offsite and drives we like the preferred passes. The early entry and free parking makes it work. Well, I guess I should say early entry makes it worth it, since only one pass is needed for the parking. The family is trained for early entry.

We aren’t precisely anti-onsite and love CB for VB access and Premier for the passes. But, we do love the luxury of a VRBO.

1 Like

Just to add, if you go to HHN during September, the September pass is very reasonably priced (as well as the crowds being much, much lower). We haven’t gone after September 21st since our very first time and we’ve been really happy with the crowd levels, even on the weekend.

I converted my third-party multi-day promo ticket (same one, buy 3 days, get 2 free) that I’d bought from Sam’s Club to a seasonal pass on my last day at guest services last year… I got credit for what I’d paid. It was easy, but they’re not giving you a discount on the seasonal pass. Your pass start date will be the first date you used the multi-day ticket.

4 Likes