Picking dates for Oct. or Nov. visit - thoughts appreciated

DH and I are going to be taking DDs to WDW with the Traveling Homeschoolers package this fall. The 6-day hopper tickets can be used anytime from October19th to November 7th, but we must be present for the November 1st educational activity, and we’d like to take part in the October 31st after hours private party. We will stay 10-11 nights in the Kissimmee area in a rental house/condo.

I’m looking at the crowd calendar, and it doesn’t fluctuate wildly, but weekends are heavier. I would prefer not to use Genie+ all the days, but I do think we will probably use it 2-3 days. Looking at the thrill data historical info for G+ costs, I am looking at $25-27 pppd (sucks).

Anyone have any pros/cons on dates? I’m leaning toward 10/26-11/5 (I will vote ahead of time or make sure I we are home before polls close).

4 Likes

Fantastic Dates! I have already purchased my 10/31 MNSSHP for DH and I so my birthday trip in locked in. Thinking Oct 30-4th-could move a day earlier and/or knock a day off. Not sure yet.

3 Likes

I’d pick later days as you could see MK for Halloween and then after the last MNSSHP you’ll get Christmas decorated MK.

2 Likes

Funny how that totally hadn’t been on my radar! In 2019 we also did the MVMCP with our homeschoolers trip. I wasn’t thinking to do that this time. Next year will be the first fall the traveling homeschoolers DON’T do a WDW trip - she has already announced that they will be focusing all their travel on EPIC next fall.

I don’t know if DH can warm up to a MVMCP ticket on top of the HUGE cost this trip is going to be… but it would be nice to see the Christmas decorations and maybe even the Christmas Tree trail if they are doing that still.

2 Likes

Oh that would be amazing if we overlapped D! I am excited just thinking we might meet!

3 Likes

We are 100% there the 31st - 2nd. The days before and after are not set in stone. The only real plans we have are the party on the 31st. I do want to head to F&W at Epcot one day. Will probably plan on a TS for my bday on the 2nd. Not sure which meal but breakfast or dinner. Other than that-my plans will be flexible!

2 Likes

I wasn’t even thinking about MVMCP, just MK being decorated for Christmas. I’d skip the party and just do a day at MK

1 Like

When do they start doing this? It wasn’t on my radar either. I love Disney at Christmas!
Anyone know the decoration priority? Like parks then resorts?

1 Like

We have gone 11/1-11/7 for two trips and it’s my favorite time to go.

Weather is great and I love the Christmas decor.

Only thing to look at is the race weekend— never bothered me just made sure to avoid it. Also Jersey week is around then depending on the year.

2 Likes

MK decorates for Christmas as soon as the last MNSSHP ends. There may be a day in between but that’s it. MK gets transformed from Halloween to Christmas overnight.

The rest of the parks take longer. Then resorts are usually after that.

3 Likes

I’d forgotten this!

Do you know how I can look up races?

1 Like

We were there 11/11-11/21 in 2019 and it was super decorated.

We arrived once on 11/1/07 but I remember very little about that trip and my photos are hard to access. I do remember a tree outside MGM.

2 Likes

The wine and dine race is the 2nd and 3rd? Whichever days fall with the weekend.

1 Like

The crowd calendar does jump for the weekend…

2 Likes

This is the main source. Run Disney

3 Likes

Yes they got it right usually that first weekend .
Jersey week you can search when the teacher conventions are next year, if you are concerned with that. Usually falls in that first or second week.

2 Likes

I’m considering coming in Tuesday-Sunday instead of Wednesday-Monday. We’re flying in. I’ve been in the parks on race weekends and it doesn’t seem to impact lines that much. I’ve never been for this race.
My bday is that Saturday. I forgot about Jersey week.

1 Like

We always go this time of year. We did actual Halloween in 2019 and loved it. My kids are a little older now and don’t want to miss Halloween at home so we’ve gone right before or right after. We will be there 10/19-10/26 this year. It’s hard to go wrong in the window between Columbus Day/Fall Break and Thanksgiving. I think that there are blips (races, Veteran’s Day) but it’s all pretty even. I’ve never felt like Jersey week makes too much impact.

FYI the Halloween parties jump around a little bit in terms of days of the week for some reason and I still don’t know what they are going to do about the deluxe evening hours. There are zero Halloween parties in November this year which is a tiny bit surprising so maybe they will start Christmas right away.

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: I would LOVE this! I get to see MK all festive for fall AND all decked out for Christmas! :star_struck:

2 Likes

I am surprised that there isn’t a Halloween party on Nov 1 so there’s definitely a chance!

2 Likes