Photo of the day

8 Likes

Such a fun ride at night!

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

This is not a photo per se, but I’m hoping someone can (roundabout) date this picture for me. It’s not my photo–it’s a photo of a puzzle I was looking at on Amazon.

3 Likes

I found this video from April 3, 2014 that shows the Swan Boat Dock being removed, so all I can tell you is that it was before that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

P.S. I love puzzles! Including this one. :joy:

This article from Yesterland has a picture of the Swan Boat Dock from 2009 and the color / condition of the roof is very similar to your photo. It looks like it was painted after that, so maybe your photo is from ~2009. The trees also look remarkably similar, even the small ones nearby:

3 Likes

The pre-“new fantasyland” roofs are also visible, so I’d put it prior to 2012. I’m with Jeff - this would be 2009-2012.

2 Likes

Very cool. This was such a pretty little niche place in WDW then.

Definitely thinking about purchasing this one!!

1 Like

I like to think it’s 2009–that’s the year DD12 was born. Makes it feel more special to me. The tree growth does match up.

1 Like

gotta’ love the internet

6 Likes

That’s gorgeously frightening. I actually kind of love it.

2 Likes

Do you think it was taken standing on top of the Contemporary?

1 Like

That would be my guess based on what we see from that angle. It was taken recently too.

1 Like

Curious–is there a date on it?

1 Like

Along the same lines…here are a couple stills taken from a video when we were leaving HS…this very well might be the lightning strike that took out RotR. We were watching when it happened.

First one is not day, but the lightning. The second is for reference.

4 Likes

No date, it was posted yesterday, but… we had some really bad storms pass through the state this past week (can’t remember which day). I know @ThorKat commented on them too.

ETA: the Florida peninsula isn’t very wide so, crossing across the state w/ bad weather patterns is common

2 Likes

Ah, wow.

1 Like

posted 14h ago

1 Like

The 14th was the craziest at our house with hail and we lost power for several hours, but there were a few days of pretty crazy rain and thunder/lightning.

2 Likes

I’m mortally terrified of lightning but also in awe. It’s beautiful.

3 Likes