Pets at WDW Resorts

I want evidence there is an actual problem with dogs at WDW. Not a list of hypothetical problems.

You absolutely can. I don’t know what the laws are where you live, but in the UK there are laws to protect others from anti-social behaviour, including nuisance dogs.

Meanwhile, let’s talk about babies on planes.

Fair point.

I’ll just make this final remark.

I believe in evidence-based policy, and I believe policies should be enforced.

If it turns out that dogs are causing a genuine — and not a hypothetical — nuisance in WDW hotels, then there’s the evidence the policy has failed and it should be reviewed.

But if cast members have not been enforcing policy, then that failure of management needs to be reviewed.

I also believe in consistency. If we’re going to complain about things that spoil our holidays, to the extent that we’re talking about banning behaviours — e.g. bringing dogs to resorts — then let’s be consistent about that.

Babies on planes.

mic drop

Understood. So again, obviously not going to go out of my way to give you “evidence”, but if I see something worth mentioning, I’ll drop you a line.

As far as your babies on planes argument, can’t earphones work for that? You can’t control a baby crying sometimes. You can’t just say “meh, I’ll leave our baby home on this trip”. But you can put earbuds or earphones on your ears so you can’t hear the baby crying. And you can put your dog in a hotel while you’re on vacation. :wink:

With barking, you’re not going to put earbuds on kids ears at night or mid-day so they can get some sleep. You’re going to go complain at the front desk.

Again, not trying to continue this debacle, but trying to differentiate the two.

I would also mic drop but I feel like I’ve made my point. :slight_smile:

I just read through the thread again quickly. No one talked about banning anything until you mentioned it.

I just took the dog for a walk.

I spent the first five minutes thinking of more excellent points I could make.

Then I started thinking about changes I could make to my upcoming trip. I had a great idea for something I could fit in to my schedule.

And I forgot all about trying to be right.

Yup. You’re right. I’m wrong.

Sorry everyone.

Expect a thread announcing the changes to my schedule soon.

Because that’s what this forum is all about.

944670E8-3E6E-43C3-8152-684CB0FC475A

2 Likes

Being right all the time can be exhausting. You might need to take a vacation just to relax from all the pressure! To WDW, of course.

1 Like

I am a dog owner and I travel with my dog and we pay extra for him to stay with us. I would be upset if I stayed in a room that was not cleaned correctly. That is why pet owners are charged $50 or more a day, So the room can be cleaned when we leave. I have bad allergies and feel your pain. I stayed one night in a smoker room when I asked for a non smoker, It was all they had left. I had to leave in the middle of the night because I could not breath because of the smell of smoke. If the hotel allows for pets they should clean the rooms better, people with the pets should keep them off lobby furniture. Pets and children should be seen and not heard, (at least not in the middle of the night). Meaning if you baby is crying at 2am feed it, change it, comfort it, be a responsible parent and if your dog is barking at 2 am do the same. Its not the pet or the kid that’s the problem it’s the owner/parent. Dogs bark, babies cry, kids run, tv’s get loud, phones ring, plane and simple if it happens deal with it so it impacts others as little as possible.

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear about your changes, maybe they will give me some ideas!