Personality: G+ versus FP+, based on Myers-Briggs

I had to go with G+, simply because it’s hard to argue with success. I absolutely hated not being able to plan adequately in advance, but I was getting 6-11 LL’s per day, which is well more than what you could get with FP+.

2 Likes

I’d never experienced FPP, but all the early intense Disney trip planning was done during FPP days. While we were at Disney using G+, several times I thought, “Oh, I wish this was still the days of FPP.” As a liner, and someone with a long trip, I could have totally rocked the FPP system. Also, we always arrived early so with FPP we could have had an ILL$$$ ride booked for the morning, and almost certainly gotten another for the afternoon. I’m strongly INTJ.

2 Likes

Well, as of this post, there are 45 votes…and it isn’t surprising to me that there are significantly more Js than Ps on these forums, since generally speaking, people planning for Disney trips and such are…well…planners! :slight_smile:

And, the fact that a significant majority of those Js prefer FP+ lines up with what I would have expected, since FP+ allows you to know going into your days at Disney what FPs you will have.

What is a bit more surprising is the relatively even split between G+ and FP+ among the Ps. On the other hand, we are likely seeing that the Ps who come to these forums are a bit more schedule-minded than other Ps who wouldn’t be on these forums. The dataset for Ps is comparatively small…only about a 1/4 of the votes.

2 Likes

I’m a P who hates planning. But I love value, and good planning is required for that, so I have no choice but to be a Disney planner and consume as much info as possible if I want the best trips. It’s a necessary evil for me.

4 Likes

I think the theory is far more complex than the 4 letters imply. It wouldn’t be popular in its complex original form.

4 Likes

This is hard for me, because I am technically ENFP but I only slightly prefer P over J.

When it comes to Disney trips, I prefer having it all mapped out in advance (with FP+), but G+ doesn’t bother me either.

1 Like

I just see it as a useful categorization tool, not meant to be predictive…rather, mapping a person’s personality into generic trends. So, knowing a person’s personality “type” this way merely gives you an idea as to how they may view/operate in the world…but it is by no means meant to be an absolute!

2 Likes

INFP here, and I prefer FPP. I feel like G+ requires MORE planning than FPP, because you need to first buy the G+, then be up early to make the selections, then constantly remember to go back in and get the next one. And repeat that every day. Instead of doing it once at the 60 day mark.

4 Likes

Those are fighting words and don’t mean what you think they mean.

There is no role for statistics in the analysis of this poll. The data are trash. Interesting, but trash.

1 Like

Yes. It helps to think of “types” as preferences (which can shift over time) and not as absolute as fingerprints.

2 Likes