Perplexing conundrum — now featuring trip report 🤩

Yes sir :zipper_mouth_face:

I guess I missed all of that

But yay to WDW!! It doesn’t matter if it’s a love-hate situation. Disney always wins!

6 Likes

Ok… am I supposed to pretend I believe this now?

7 Likes

Only because someone needs to cruise out of Southampton for me to live vicariously through until I can convince DH it’s a fab idea to drag 4 kids to Europe for that.

Now we’re muddying the threads & getting them off track because that was clearly some other thread. But it did have Mickey Bars involved. At midnight. Via room service.

7 Likes

@Nikkipoooo is doing that in October… :ship:

5 Likes

I think I saw that thread. Isn’t it a trans-Atlantic sailing to NYC (another one I’d love to do)? So many cruises.

4 Likes

I can put my TA hat on and do that. We did it last summer and are doing it again this summer. No easier way to get a taste of so many different places with kids. Europe is such a long flight, and hotel hopping w kids sucks. We saw parts of Croatia, Greece, and Italy last summer and unpacked once. Doing Denmark, Germany, Norway, Sweden this summer. I’ve got clients going end of the month doing Spain, France, Italy and Greece on a DCL just based on our amazing experience.

My kids are gonna hate Morocco simply because we are staying in 5 hotels in 7n

7 Likes

Great points. We do have a lot of inland destinations we’d probably add on while already in Europe (London & Paris) so that might be a bigger factor in the kid-dragging than the actual cruise. If we were just heading straight to Southampton and then home once docked, it’d be booked already for 2024 or on the agenda to book for 2025.

1 Like

Ohhh you guys should totally do a round trip trans Atlantic with the kids!! I mean, two weeks on DCL AND kids clubs?!

Hello, no brainer!!!

I really want to do a return on Cunard….the travel agent rates are calling my name. LOL

6 Likes

Sign. Me. Up!

3 Likes

You’re allowed to change your mind, especially when circumstances change and this kind of situation where you just have a confluence of timing and available funds and the expiring pass.

13 Likes

This. Always this.

9 Likes

Yes, with stops in France, Spain, Portugal, and the Azores. Mine is NCL (which they do every fall and spring on a number of ships), but Disney does do them occasionally. Since Disney doesn’t reposition quite as often they don’t have crossings as frequently, and they’re not discounted the same way as the other cruise lines’ repositioning cruises tend to be. There are are usually very, very few kids on them, and sometimes none at all. From what I’ve read about the last Disney transatlantic (eastbound) there were still relatively few kids.

6 Likes

This made me wonder if it’s a CitizenM. If it is and you haven’t stayed in one, I love them. The one in Shoreditch was my London work home when I used to manage a London-based team. We are staying in one in Paris in June.

2 Likes

It’s “hub”, a new sub-brand of Premier Inn, a large chain of budget hotels.

IMG_0357

IMG_0358

10 Likes

Also:

Sunshine Flyer: booked :white_check_mark:

11 Likes

Oh we used to stay in the Edinburgh one for our works Christmas nights out before the pandemic. They’re great :smiley::+1:t2:

Unfortunately the pandemic made them increase their rate and now it’s cheaper to get a taxi home :frowning::frowning:

5 Likes

Yay. I saw an YouTube review of one and I thought it looked a really fun place to stay. For a night.

6 Likes

Now, I hate to criticise Disney, but it is the worst company in the world.

It occurred to me that it might be fun to do Caring for Giants, or the Rhinos one. For some inexplicable reason you can’t book these online, so I called. I got the following message: We can’t book any tours or special events. Please wait until you arrive in Orlando and book them in person at guest services.

WTF?

@JuliaMc tried booking them for me, but there were no spots for my dates.

I then thought about booking the Keys to the Kingdom tour. My MDE crashes every time I try to “check availability”, and the website has no way to book a tour.

Does Disney just not want my money?

6 Likes

I’d like to say it’s just their website, but booking things is needlessly difficult.

Don’t they know who you are?

I want to do all of those tours. Maybe I should crash your “solo” trip. :thinking: Don’t worry , I wouldn’t do that to you . . . unless your trip were in a cooler month. :rofl:

6 Likes

That was quite possibly dumb because if I’m in town I would have picked you up.

Sigh. You’re hopeless

6 Likes