Perplexing conundrum — now featuring trip report 🤩

Check out Coronado springs gran destino tower while you’re at it. Beautiful.

5 Likes

Yeah honestly this is brilliant. My only meh about the prospect of a June trip for you was the oppressive heat, but this solves that problem quite nicely!

6 Likes

And massive plot twist…

I may still be in Orlando because I MAY be sending my kid to Saipan.

Waiting to hear.

So this could get super chaotic.

:joy::joy:

13 Likes

I would never call Matthew predictable for wanting to go back to Orlando, but I :100: would call you predictable for wanting to join him on his “solo” trip.

6 Likes

I was so looking forward to taking a solo trip. I can’t believe I’m regretting booking it already.

8 Likes

Well she claims she used to be a spy so maybe she’ll just trail you from the shadows.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Well I may still take off, I don’t know yet. This is my youngest kids last summer and there’s been a lot of up in the air stuff circulating. So who knows.

If he doesn’t go to Saipan we will probably leave Orlando as scheduled.

I mean I’ll see @sanstitre_has_left_the_building in July in the UK anyway

7 Likes

Im going to be there at the same time and your plan for after hours is solid. It is hot in June and will rain most afternoons at some point so saving a lot of park for at night sounds great. I only wish I could stay awake for after-hours, theres no way thats happeing for me lol

5 Likes

I recommend going to Wilderness Lodge, and exploring. Make sure you spend time in the Carolwood Pacific Railway room in the Boulder Ridge DVC building. A quiet place with lots of Walt’s railroad things. Geyser Point is a great open-air place to eat or drink and enjoy the view of the lake (and the absence of theme park noise and crowds).

There are several websites that have tons of info about all the resorts, including activities. Great sources for non-park ideas.

7 Likes

Yay! This sounds really nice! The evening/nighttime stuff is really good planning and after our June 2021 trip would be the only way to get me back to Florida in June! I can heartily recommend small electric fans, cooling towels and body wipes and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

6 Likes

I agree with all of this. Maybe take the boat over to MK afterwards?

5 Likes

Yes, I second that.

5 Likes

Have to say, days touring resorts and DS were some of my favorites. All of the ambiance none of the agita.

7 Likes

I mean I was just in Orlando for a week and I went on MAYBE 15 attractions over 7 days in the parks? Saw HEA twice (thanks to a friend of mine who made some magic!) and walked like 20k steps a day.

We wandered. We socialized. We ate. We laughed. And I took less than 50 photos over the whole week too! It was the best trip ever.

Oh AND we went to the spa. Which I’ve booked for June with my husband already. Lol.

14 Likes

This is a great plan. Smart doing after hours in hot weather. Congrats.

4 Likes

I am jealous of your well-thought out plans that fell together for you. This sounds much more enticing that that person on another thread trying to sweet talk you into a cruise you didn’t really want to take.

Do you ever lend out your planning services? DH & I are struggling to plan 3 days in Orlando before and 2.5 days after again in Orlando after a cruise during the first week of September. Can’t decide between going UOR heavy through the purchase of APs (would one more trip maybe 2 before they are up) and just pop over to WDW for one day of Epcot, MAYBE some DS on another half day of UOR. Or option 2, split that more evenly and do one before and one after and expand the WDW to include either a MNSSHP or just a regular day of MK. They’re all weekend days so no extra hours options for us but would be right on those if they were.

But anywho, back to you & your plans, happy planning to you.

3 Likes

News update

Train from Harrogate to London and back: booked :white_check_mark:
Hotel in London night before flight*: booked :white_check_mark:
Heathrow Express return train: booked :white_check_mark:
ASMu and ES(D): booked :white_check_mark:
WDW tickets: booked :white_check_mark:

I think I’m done. Yay. Now to forget about it completely until the day before. No re-subscriptions to YouTube channels.

*I think I said I would take the train down on the day of the flight, but that feels like too much stress. I booked a super-cute hotel, right by the train station, for £160, including breakfast. The rooms are tiny and techy and cool.

20 Likes

I’m confused. Didn’t I read “WDW never again” somewhere recently?

I mean, I’m happy if you changed your mind, it’s just making me question my memory.

4 Likes

I thought the rules of this thread were clear. We’re not mentioning that.

And, as @dianelynn cleverly observed, new information became available that caused a new decision to be made.

13 Likes

Also, not really. It was more “no WDW for a while”. And that still holds. This is a special case. After this trip, I’m done. Not least because I’m done with Virgin. I genuinely do have other travel priorities. Cheaper ones. Except that damned DCL cruise that @lolabear_la is bullying me to go on.

7 Likes