Perks of staying on property?

Hi , wondering what the advantage to staying at WDW resort Hotel is ? Now that there’s no fast pass or advanced dining reservations … I’m going to WDW end of March 2021 … what do you think ?

1 Like

This is speculation, but I think with the limit on how many visitors are allowed, that they will be giving priority with park visits.

1 Like

Right now there is 3 different categories when making a park reservation: Theme Park Ticket Guests, Disney Resort Guests, and Annual Pass Holders. I have not seen any official word on giving priority of one over the other, but by seeing that they have made these categories, you could easily jump to conclusions on how they may be allocating space in the parks/priority of one category over another.

That being said, I have my next trip booked at multiple resorts. Several of them are Good Neighbor Hotels and I believe they placed me in the “Disney Resort Guests” category for park reservations. To me that implies no advantage of onsite versus good neighbor hotels.

To add to the above, things are in flux and may change before March 2021.

That’s my non-answer :smiley:

2 Likes

Just FYI, they restarted ADRs this week with a new 60 day booking window, although that was never an on-site only perk.
Also, with the new park reservation system, resort guests get first crack at those also. Off site guests get last choice. At least, that’s how it was when they opened. It makes me think that it will carry over.

Fast passes might return in some form down the line, so remember that everything right now is in flux. The easiest thing to say is that WDW seems to definitely be prioritizing resort guests above everyone else as they ease into the reopening.

1 Like

I had a similar conversation with people on the Facebook group today. I just booked an AirBnB for end of March. My tickets are tickets with dates extended to September 2021 - they were originally dated tickets for July 6-10.

I didn’t get to book with the first wave (June 22) but was able to book with second wave (June 28) - tickets only no specific dates for the tickets since they are extended to sept 2021 and no accommodation on site. If people buy new tickets - like ex if a friend of mine decided to buy dated tickets to join me in March would she not be able to book right away? I didn’t think there was any specific window for park pass booking. It just seems that there are an allotted number of spots for each category of guest (AP, on site, ticket only) - so availability could get tight the longer you leave it.

2 Likes

It looks like the availability of Park Reservations will be better for Resort guests.

If you would like to go to the Magic Kingdom on this Saturday July 11th, there are no available reservations for Theme Park Ticket Guests and Annual Pass holders, only Resort Guests.

1 Like

A really big advantage is the cancellation policy. You can buy a package with tickets now, make park reservations and cancel up to 30 or 7 days before your trip. Stand alone tickets are non-refundable.

1 Like