Perfect food day at UOR

It’s a stale chocolate cupcake, with very sweet, stiff frosting. I was very glad that I mainly got it to have the cauldron.

1 Like

Wow, so many responses in just one day (am I reading this right?!) I know everyone here has an opinion on food :rofl:

I like to snack around universal, with maybe just one meal thrown in. Let me see if I can put together my perfect day. This is assuming that I have no care about attractions at any given time.

Breakfast at Today Cafe. I love everything I’ve had here, and the coffee is good. I find it to be one of the most under rated places to eat in Universal. I’d probably get the cheese and guava danish and a regular cup of coffee with cream and sugar.

Snack: Florean Fortescue’s ice cream. I get this early in the morning because there’s no line, and I’m never opposed to eating ice cream for breakfast (or second breakfast in this case.)Probably earl grey lavender, but I might order toffee apple soft serve.

Snack: Frozen butterbeer.

Snack/Lunch: Brisket Crepe. Although I’d also go for fish & chips at Finnegan’s, which in my opinion is supierior to the fish & chips in the WW.

Heading over to IOA

Snack: Buffalo Chicken tots from green eggs and ham, with a green apple icee from moose juice goose juice (I don’t know which one it is, I simply order “green” and it’s the best)

Yet another Snack: Papa Rellena from Natural Selection, and I’d carry it to Hogsmeade to have with another butter beer

Evening snack: Ginger Newt Cookie

For the road: Pumpkin Pasty

If I wanted to swap any number of these snacks for a sit down dinner, I’d probably go for Bob Marley. It’s really delicious and unlike anything I can get at home. I also might swap a butterbeer for an Otter’s Fizzing Orange drink but it’s sticky

7 Likes

Same. There’s just not an outstanding meal there that makes me want to sit down and spend time, really.

One big issue I’ve always had with Universal’s food is the inconsistency. You’ll get ribs one time and they’re delicious and the next 2 times they’re overcooked and tough. One time the Frying Dutchman’s foos id good, the next is burnt or way too bready. Louie’s is probably the most consistent I’ve found in the parks. We’ve left mid-HHN to go to Pat O’Briens in CW the last couple of years, but that’s mostly because it’s just a nice way to spend a couple of hours during the busiest time of the night… the food is okay, the service is fine.

3 Likes

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

1 Like

I’m going on the theory I have a wand that can bring this to me. I don’t have to worry about the logistics of acquiring it. Also, I have an unlimited appetite / bottomless stomach!

Breakfast = Hot Butterbeer, Big Pink Doughnut, Green Eggs & Ham Tots

Snack = Any Cookie from the Circus McGurkus / Hop on Pop Candy / Bakery area

Lunch = Wimpy’s Wellington Burger and Curly Fries with a “Don’t Stop the Carnival” Frozen Cocktail (Double Shot) from Lone Palm Airport Bar outside Margaritaville

Snack = Hot Butterbeer, Bend the Bao (Duck, Short Rib, Shrimp)

Cocktails around the park = Fire Whiskey (Hard cider w/ cinnamon whiskey), Ko’okiri Plunge from Volcano Bay (Corazon Blanco Tequila, fresh tamarind juice, lime juice)

Dinner = Ahi-Tuna Nachos from Confisco Grill AND Volcano Nachos from Margaritaville with Table-Side Guacamole from Antojitos
Cocktail = Disco H20 (Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Skittles syrup, lime, soda) from the pool bar “The Oasis” at Endless Dockside Hotel.
Dessert = Florean Forescue’s Ice Cream double scoop in a waffle cone (apple crumble with Salted Caramel Blondie on top)

5 Likes

I mistakenly omitted this very important meal from my plans :see_no_evil::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

What is this? Sounds like something I might like…

And what makes the orange drink sticky? You aren’t the first to say that.

That might be the drink I was thinking of… if it is then it’s got a cinnamon sugar around the rim, and when it fizzes the sugar melts and drips down the sides of the cup.

2 Likes

I’m here for it!

What/where is this?

Sounds really good to me! Where can you get this?

2 Likes

There’s still time!

3 Likes

Yes the fizzy orange juice has this.

I’ve never considered loaded tots for breakfast. :thinking: Is there one with eggs @darkmite2 ??

@LTinNC82 I have also heard good things about the Natural Selections stand.

2 Likes

Lone Palm Airport Bar outside Margaritaville

The Disco H20 Is from the pool bar “The Oasis” at Endless Dockside Hotel. It’s a tribute to the former Wet & Wild Water Park that used to be in the area

7 Likes

I’m actually struggling to think of any cocktail that I had in the parks.

They were mostly at the resort pool bars, VB or a TS restaurant.

The only alcohol I can think of outwith those is the Firewhiskey. I was wanting to try it in cider like @darkmite2 suggested, but I was too chicken to order off menu.

2 Likes

That’s the carnival drink? Or the Disco H20?

I’m more likely to hold the cidre and go straight for the whiskey honestly.

1 Like

The only way I can describe it: a mashed potato ball with meat stuffed inside and fried. At the small food kiosk in Jurassic Park. I got it one day because it was literally the only food available that early in the park (inexplicably, nothing was open and I was HANGRY.) It turned out to be one of my favorite food items.

It has cinnamon sugar all around the rim, and with the florida humidity it just melts all over the cup. Delicious, but sticky.

3 Likes

Carnival…

I don’t have a pic from the pool bar… I tried to find one online, but they were all “generic”

It’s really sweet!

2 Likes

Oh yes that sounds delicious!

1 Like

It’s nice enough on its own.

1 Like

ooh ooh, if we’re talking about cocktails then I have to throw in my favorites: The Ocean Attack from Chez Alcatraz- gimmicky, but we’re a a theme park right? It amuses me. And on the more “serious” side I like both of the old fashioned choices at Toothsomes. I don’t have any pictures

4 Likes