Party date sold out…and then not sold out

A few days ago the 12/15 MVMCP sold out and I had to choose a different date. But now it’s no longer showing as sold out. Any ideas? :thinking:

Disney sets a fixed max number of people they let in…until they decide they can get more money. :grin:

(And sadly…not really a joke…but they probably want to fill dates out somewhat evenly for staffing purposes before they start allowing more folks into a previously “sold out” date.)

3 Likes

Wait is this ryan ryan?

I need to know whether or not to put hearts on things.

And also yes, they have done this in the past. I don’t think they have done it with ay of the MNSSHPs and I found the crowd level to be quite appropriate vs how it had gotten to be before pandemic

I hope they don’t go back to overselling the parties

5 Likes

That doesn’t sound like the kind of thing Chapek would do. He prizes guest-experience over profit.

9 Likes

People don’t usually call me that…so…no? (One Ryan will suffice.)

Must be one of those Brit sayings, I guess? Americans use the word “prizes” differently. I guess across the pond it means something like “laughs at.”

5 Likes

Sort of on the same subject one of the reasons all of these sold out this year is because of the weather during August and September. So many were rained out and D allowed people to change to another date.

2 Likes

What’s the alternate date you bought? I’m going 12/18.

1 Like

My guess is that this year’s MNSSHP was a sort of trial run to see how well different capacities would be tolerated. Since every party was “sold out”, but wait times and overall crowd levels still seemed to vary a bit from party to party I think “sold out” is definitely a moving target.

2 Likes

We went with 12/11! Not the original plan but I’m sure it will be great!

1 Like

That’s the date we’ll be there as well.

2 Likes

Fun! You won’t be able to miss us…we’ll be the family in the matching Disney shirts (ha ha).

1 Like

Omg. I was testing the waters with getting matching bathing suits for my niece and I (mine didn’t fit), and one matching shirt. When she said she’d wear matching suits I made a joke on here about making matching shirts for every day.

Well… that girl mentioned “We should get matching shirts” every single day of the trip before she even knew I had one. She wanted them for every day though, so that actually might happen for our January trip.

3 Likes

I love it! We had matching shirts for every day of our last trip in 2019. This time my husband said, “Don’t go nuts with the shirts this time.” :joy:

2 Likes

Oh, bother. My wife and I will have on matching shirts as well. I don’t know how I will be able to tell the difference between you and us! :grin:

4 Likes

I suggest you take one for the team and dye your beard green.

2 Likes

My alma mater is U of M, not MSU, so green is not an option. On the other hand, maize and blue aren’t really going to work for Christmas. So that leaves red.

1 Like

Side question, I may have a night in Orlando free coming up that just so happens to be a date for MNSSHP. I heard they are still selling some day of tickets but that you have to be at guest services at MK to buy it. Unfortunately that’s not really an option. Does anyone know if I can call at the 7am window and buy them (if available)?