Parking somewhere out of the world and using an uber to get to MK?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has ever parked their rental car somewhere near MK, and then hired an uber to get them to the Contemporary Resort? Is this a good idea, and where do you recommend parking your rental car out of the world? Thank you for your help!

Why would you do this?

1 Like

In the Unofficial Guide it suggests that before driving to the MK, consider having a ride share drop you off at the Contemporary Resort to avoid the $25 parking fee and crowds at TTC. (We are driving from a townhouse in Clermont.) So I wasn’t sure if an uber drive from Clermont was cheaper than paying the parking fee of $25. I figured we could park somewhere like a Walmart or something and then uber to the Contemporary.

Maybe a little bit less but definitely not worth all the hassle it’s gonna cost. If you’re going to have to pay something I would just pay the parking and be done with it. You couldn’t be talking more than a difference of $10 and It’s probably much less than that

1 Like

Thank you! Good to know! Can you tell I’m new and haven’t been to Disney in years?

2 Likes

Welcome! We’re happy you’re here! We were all knew once and now that we are not not we’re happy to help those who are.

1 Like

They will also check why you are going to the Contemporary when the car pulls in - they may or may not check a reservation number if you say you are eating there. Pretty sure “getting dropped off to walk to Magic Kingdom” is not a highly regarded answer - and if enough people are found to be doing it, I suspect they WILL check for a reservation number when cars pull in (even Lyfts or Ubers) and claim a dining reservation.